+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PottBelly's R/C 2006 East Coast Mini Championships

PottBellysRC Guest

Default PottBelly's R/C 2006 East Coast Mini Championships

Hi race fans it's that time of year again. Time to mark the calendars and prepare for the largest Carpet and Dirt Indoor Mini Event of all time.

PottBelly's R/C Raceway in PittsGrove NJ is having its’ second Annual East Coast Mini Championships. October 27,28,29 2006.

Like last year it’s the long weekend in October. We’re planning another Friday night practice Party with DJ Ray from SJCCR hall of fame.

It took a little longer then planned to come up with the class list. This year we twisted everything up a bit. Having made the trip up to Maddness this year it was interesting to see the popularity of carpet trucks. So this year we have added our Formula Series of classes for carpet truck racers. We call them the formula series because it will be flat track. No jumps on the carpet. So we broke the classes up 6 and 6. 6 Carpet Classes and 6 Dirt Offroad Classes.

On the Carpet :

 Sportsman Micro ( Spec Motor, 6 cell nimh only)
     Pro Modified Micro (Brush motors, 6 cell nimh only)
     Pro Brushless Micro (Brushless Motor Only, any Batts)
     Formula 8 ( Half 8 open carpet class )
     Formula 18 suspension ( 1/18 4wd truck open class )
     Formula 18 Monsters ( 1/18 4wd Monster Trucks open class)

On the Dirt :

 Mini Inferno Half 8 ( Open Class )
     Pro 18 Monsters ( 1/18 monster trucks open class )
     Sportsman 4wd Truck ( spec Motor 6 cell nimh only )
     Open Modified 18 4wd Truck (1/18 4wd Truck open class )
     Open Modified 18 2wd Truck (1/18 2wd Truck open class )
     Open Modified 18 4wd Buggy (1/18 4wd Buggy open class )

We have talked to a lot of the sponsors from last year and all we talked to so far are coming back. We’ve also picked up a number of new sponsors. As we finalize things over the next couple months we’ll post all those involved.

Half 8 drivers I talked to Jeremy Kortz and he is returning to defend his title. So we all get another shot. Only problem is he says he’s going to bring friends... So I suspect we will have our hand even more full then last year. I’m also going to try to put him into a micro.

Thanks to PRO-Motion T-Shirts for hooking us up so we can have Event Shirts this year.

Micro Drivers the man Dave Graboski will be back defending his title also. I don’t think he’s bringing any extra heat for us. Also GQ is back on board for the micro guys. Everyone registering for one of the 3 micro classes before the tire cut off date will get a set of GQ’s like last year.

I’ve talked to TEAM SCREAM and they will be back and are bringing the whole team was the story I heard.

So we’re expecting the racing to be even faster and more furious then last year if that’s possible. I watched the micro A-Main video and could not believe how confusing the races look from the side lines. Looked like a swarm of bumble bees tearing it up on the floor. 

I did get to personally talk to RC Driver this year about coverage and am working on OLN about continuing coverage from Madness to the Mini Championships. We’re hoping they come back and continue at the ECMC.

We will have regular updates from here forward so stay tuned there’s lots of things in the plans for this years race.

TEAM BELLY…………………..
    www.PottBellysRC.com
    EastCoastChamps@PottBellysRC.com

PottBellysRC Guest

Talked to Kyosho yesterday and we're all a go for the Race. Kyosho will be in the house and bringing new stuff to debut like last year. Last year we had the Inferno ST's I believe this year we'll see the first Nitro H8's...

Also they're sending out another Hitter to be named to fire up the H8 classes more. Kortz defends his title against Kyosho's best... should be interesting

PottBellysRC Guest

Can you believe it how time flies 2 months and counting to the biggest small scale race yet.

All our Big sponsors from last year will be out this year, Kyosho, Castle Creations, Tekin, Trinity, Team Scream and GQ Lead the way like last year. We've also got SixFoot Tiger, United RC, Parma, BP Hobbies, SMC, Max Amps, and Team Psycho Cells on board . Lots of old and new faces they are bringing. Competition will be stiff.

Last year was a blast this year will be better. This year there are 12 planned classes. 6 Carpet and 6 Dirt. I suspect like last year there will be the Hot Classes of Sportsman and Pro Micro, Open OffRoad Half 8 and Pro Mod 1/18 4wd Truck. We added 3 carpet classes for Off-road Vehicles. It will be flat Track, No Jumps Formula open wheel style racing.

Friday night DJ Ray's coming back and it will be another Kyosho Castle Party again. Practice till whenever. I guess I shouldn't set a time last year we were supposed to close at 9 and closed at 1am LOL...

This yeah SixFoot Tiger will be writing up the event with me. We did get clearence for publication from RC Driver but my mistake i put in too late to get them to write it. So the Big Tiger himself John Ceci said he would write it up and Team Psycho Cells Own Jamie "Wreckmaster" Lepley said he would shoot it for us. So we will have publication this year.

Registrations are already coming in. If you sent yours in I will have the pit selections out this week. I have 65 reservable pit spaces. Then open area to setup more.

Registration for is online at http://www.pottbellysrc.com/2006ecc/Sign-upForm2006.pdf

The Rules and Schedule of Events can be found at http://www.pottbellysrc.com/2006ecc/...s2006_Rev7.pdf

For more information e-mail me or you can call me at 856-207-2495

Team Belly .........

PottBellysRC Guest

Great News today New Sponsors for the event...

MOTEK Racing is on Board

Did some e-mailing with Mike from Motek the last couple days and they are joining the list of Sponsors for our event.

Also today I got the Registrations for the Head Honcho's from RCO... That Radio Control Ottawa I'm been told they need 7 pit spaces.... Looks like a heavy Contingency from the Great White North is coming....

More to come... Reservable PitSpace is Filling up. Get your registrations in soon...

PottBellysRC Guest

I got a call fro the Team MD guys last night .. Rumor has it they are planning on bringing some heavy heat for the race.

From a glance over the registrations so far I have 25 heads so far amounting to about 55 entries. Most everyone is running 2 classes and a lot of people upped to 3. And I still have a ton of entries on the way. Get them in as early as possoble. I only have reservable space for 65 people. the rest will be space available.

I'm going to start laying the race out in the race software and post tentative heats this week. so those who have registered can get a idea of who they could be qualifying against. I will post a preregistered final hea list the week before race day.

bermbuster Guest

the 2nd annual ECC is gonna be a great race........me and mini berm cant wait.....i hear there is gonna be several surprises as well......

PottBellysRC Guest

Just to let everyone who can not make it top the track know this year we will be broadcasting the races live again.

JLap released the new 2007 version much improved and much nicer then the 2005 version. Very Stable and fast. I'm looking forward to a real smooth program this year.

PottBellysRC Guest

I was looking over the Team Leader Boards.... I recieved 2 more entries from the Great White North last night. Putting Team Canada in the lead with registered head count.

bermbuster Guest

we got our h8s ready......new diffs...fresh paint......even new lipos...

fav0re Guest

I wish I lived closer...or at least an hour or 2 away.

+ Reply to Thread