+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AK Racing Products Chassis Braces

AkRacingProducts Guest

Default AK Racing Products Chassis Braces

Hey everyone,

I have received a few e-mails about my carbon fiber chassis braces. I am thinking of creating a chassis stiffener package. The package will include a total of 4, 1.5mm carbon fiber chassis braces/stiffeners. The 1st brace will connect the top of the two bulkheads, and have one screw in the center which connects to the center diff housing. The 2nd stiffener will run along side the right side of the chassis. This will mainly be used to prevent flex around the pinion/spur gears. When running the stock configuration I will have the same brace modified for the left side of the chassis. The 3rd and 4th stiffener will run between the rear bulkhead/center diff and the front bulkhead/center diff.

This package will require to drill a total of 6 holes in the chassis. If you think you are unable to do this, I will include an option which will include a brand new stock chassis with pre-drilled and countersunk holes for an $9.99 shipped. This package will come with step-by-step instructions with pictures and all the necessary screws/nuts/washers. I will also have two packages. One for the stock configuration and one for the flip mod motor. Both the same price. The top brace is created in a way where it can be used for both chassis configurations. You just have to flip it over and it can be used with the flipped motor configuration.

I will also sell the top brace that connects the bulkheads seperately. This brace will be $14.99 shipped.

I am also thinking of selling the pictured battery brace along with the posts seperately for $7.99 shipped. I will have two versions, one for a stick pack for an RC18T and one for a block pack for the Mini-T/LST. The one pictured is for the block pack.

What I'm asking you if you would be interested in an item like this. I have not tallied up the final costs yet but it shouldn't be more than $30 shipped. If I were to make a first batch of 10 will you be willing to buy it? Btw, this can be used with any other aftermarket chassis.

Here is a picture of two of the included braces. Do not judge the dullness of the carbon fiber. This is just my prototype, the final product will be very glossy just like the battery brace pictured, and black.

Thank you for your time,
    -Armand
    -AK Racing Products
    Last edited by AkRacingProducts; 06-20-2006 at 09:11 PM.

gorbasho Guest

i would be interested in a brace connecting the two bulkheads, and $14.99 is a great price

Migs Guest

I'd be interested in 1, possibly 2 top bulkhead braces.

habitforming Guest

I would also 100% be in for the top bulkhead brace. I'm not too sure about the other pieces you are describing, however. Could you provide some more detailed pictures about those?

Honestly at $30 it would be worth a shot though... decisions decisions.

mat3833 Guest

15 bucks!! paypal please!! you are GOD!! ive been waiting on one of these for like 23980562097856028 days. (not that many but you get the point) if you need a prodict tester im your guy. i havent driven in about 3 months and im ready to go!

Matt

Migs Guest

Unhappy Carbon Fiber shortage....

Armand / AkRacingProducts....

You might want to mention to everyone as I'm sure not everyone is aware of it.... That there is a carbon fiber shortage going on and it might be a while before you get any cf sheets to do this project.

Sorry... didn't mean to put a damper on things or rain on anyone's parade...

mOOsE Guest

I have read that someplaces on the internet but others said they haven't heard of it. My LHS doesn't have any issues so I wonder whats going on. Guess we all love our carbon! Make sure to let us know when you get some back in stock as I would grab one from you!

OvaYaHead Guest

nice work Ak. I would take a set too.

AkRacingProducts Guest

Yes, on all the online shops where I buy my carbon fiber sheets from, they say that there is a shortage and it will take a month for me to get my cf. So you guys still have to be patient.

AkRacingProducts Guest

Well, I found a place online where I can get the carbon fiber within 2-3 weeks instead of a month. So expect these to be out within 3 weeks. For those who want one for sure, I am accepting pre-orders because I need to know whether your car has the motor flip mod or not. Please e-mail me at akracingproducts@yahoo.com.

+ Reply to Thread