+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ***Quark 33A Pro-Car ESC Review***

Mut1ey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OvaYaHead
    an example of an outrunner is the Align 430L

Align 430L is an in-runner from the descriptions above? I have one and I think the centre shaft spins - or it did last time I looked.

Turps Guest

Trying to program my ESC. I have the motor going forwards and stop. But dont seem to be able to get Rev (edit- its alright I worked it out. I had full brake then rev). I am also not sure which colour wire from the ESC goes on which wire on the motor.
    If it makes anydifference , but to get it to work I had to rev the throttle on the TX.
    I am using the std TX and a Futaba Rx.
    Last edited by Turps; 02-27-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Turps Guest

OK I think I worked this out now. Bugger me is it fast. Running 9.6v Nimh (8cell). So after the long wait. I think I am happy. Except I killed the spur gear, so it was replaced with a 3R spur gear. Killed the first one of those too.
    So on the 3rd spur gear in 3hours. Might need to find something better for the job.
    But power, powering thru a gutter it holds the front wheels off the ground for a good 2-3m.
    This is with a wraith 7k.

Q8y_drifter Guest

i too have the Wraith/Quark combo. running with 8-cell IB1200, 12T pinion and 30T 3R blue spur gear. i fried the 30T and 31T spurs in 3 battery packs. this thing is FAST. and the front wheels balloon even with the tight center slipper. runs cool too. barely gets warm. i might bump it to a 13T pinion and 30T 3R spur gear.

Turps Guest

Yer, I was surprised just how fast this suckers.
    Going to have to change the way the front chassi brace goes though. Had to use a tool of my Hyper7 to get the balljoint off. So I could get the center diff out.

CrustyNoodle Guest

So what sort of run times are you guy's getting from your Wrath 7k / Quark 33A ProCar with your 8 cell NiMH packs (and what mA are your packs)?

Q8y_drifter Guest

pretty good runtimes
    i don't keep track but i'm using 1200-1400mah IB packs and get good runtimes (no figures yet).

CrustyNoodle Guest

Care to hazard a guess?

Q8y_drifter Guest

10-20mins,, sorry its a rough estimate but i haven't kept track of it. plus it depends with gearing, on/offroad, throttle, etc.

+ Reply to Thread