+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ***Wraith 7k Review***

AkRacingProducts Guest

That Half 8 is yelling, "Please do a motor flip mod on me!" Heh. I get around 35 minutes of run time with my wraith/quark running a TP 1900mah 3c lipo.

eraser Guest

Hi people!
    I own a wraith7k and a quark33.
    I´m using a 12t and a 8 cell 1400 intellect pack. It´s incredibly fast.
    I tryed running it with 6cell gp2700AA for reduce some speed on a small track but it runs much slower than a stock motor.
    Is it normal ?
    Thank you

jaejw1 Guest

just amazing ,,, im using a vendetta and ran the wraith it ,, but that was short lived,,, I dont see how you guys can do it without smoking that motor,,, the MI is bigger, heavier, and has a lower final drive,,,, I had my wraith with final drive at around 10:1 and had a hard time keeping it cool,,,

I use a gh4700 with final drive at 5.99:1 and I have better results with it,; even better than the aon4900

Q8y_drifter Guest

gearing too low can cause high motor/esc temps too.

jaejw1 Guest

true but with a motor with high kv you need to gear low.. to take advantage of the power/torque and speed.. or else you will smoke it..

my 8000kv mamba motor was cooked cause i couldnt gear it any lower than 10:1,,, which is lower than what a rc18t will give it.. but maybe it is because you guys are using a slipper that you can run this motor..

BiGRoB21 Guest

im running my wrath 7k with a 14t pinion on a 3 cell lipo and seeing temps arround 120-130.

jaejw1 Guest

shucks I might have to get a MI if thats the case,,,,,, my wraith just couldnt handle what I was putting her through,,, 5-8 minutes of practice on a 10th scale offroad track meant high temps,,, so much so that the solder was melting from the connectors

BiGRoB21 Guest

dam man. i was running fully charged 3 cell packs from frech peak till the cutoff was kicking in and getting thoes temps on 8th scale tracks with 200 foot strights.

jaejw1 Guest

what final drives are you guys using with the wraith...
    i was using exactly 10.33 : 1

Turps Guest

Angry

I would love to add to this review.
    But still waiting for mine to turn up. So then I can justifie ordering diffs etc.
    Ordered on the 29NOV.
    Which is weird cos most stuff gets to me in Victoria, Australia from overseas. Faster than it gets to me from Sydney (another state).
    Last edited by Turps; 01-12-2007 at 09:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread