+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Wraith 7k Review***

AkRacingProducts Guest

Default ***Wraith 7k Review***

Hello fellow Mini Inferno'ers,(does that work? )

Well I got my Wraith 7k motor today and ran it. But before I get to the review I would like to give a big thanks to Troy over at www.b-p-p.com. I've talked to him on the phone and he is a super cool and knowledgable guy. I was going over soldering the gold plugs on the esc with him, and I didn't even ask and he went ahead and soldered them for me for free. He also installed the deans plug I ordered on the ESC too. Now that's what I call customer service, and he still got it to me within 3 days of ordering it.

I installed the motor and the ESC and went ahead and read the manuals. The motor dropped right in and the ESC was placed conveniently on my top brace. I went ahead and programmed the ESC to my personal settings. VERY EASY! Look for a thread in the electronics forum for a Quark 33A Pro-Car review. I had my Thunder Power 3-cell Lipo charged up and ready to go.

I put it on the ground and gently put about 20% of the throttle and off it went. While getting used to the amount of power it has on my driveway, I was astonished how fast I was going when only doing about 40% throttle. I LOVED it. The Quark 33A is truly the best ESC out there. Acceleration felt buttery smooth and very precise. No cogging in tall grass either. It performed beautifully.

As I head out on the street I start doing 75% throttle. Holy #!$%! This thing was a good 2 times faster than my CRT with a Modded Novarossi P5. As I started doing full throttle passes I just couldn't believe how fast this was. It would just keep going and going. If I had more room I could have gone much faster. Although it was a handful, the precise throttle input made it very controllable to drive. I put the setting under normal proportional braking. Braking power also felt just right and very precise. It didn't come on harshly at all.

After getting bored of speed passes, I went to the local park. The sidewalks is configured in a way where I can make a track. Throughout the turns this brushless system performs beautifully. I can actually use the insane amount of power efficiently thanks to the super smooth throttle. I loved it, I can blast the throttle out of the turn, brake, turn, and then fly by again, all under complete control. This was also one of the first times driving my Mini Inferno and I was VERY impressed with it's handling using completely bald stock tires.

Throughout the test runs, the ESC ran at a consistent 130-135 degrees. The motor was running around 140-155 degrees. I would recommend a heat sink with this motor. I was running a 12t pinion but I am going to drop down to an 11t. I also had no drivetrain problems. I am running a stock, locked center diff, ST diffs front/rear, CVD's in front, metal dogbones in the rear and center, and the Atomic outdrives showed very little signs of wear after about 25 minutes of run time.

I will be racing at my local track tomorow in the 10th scale Mod class. I have a very good feeling that I will be able to beat at least half the crowd. I was astonished at how good this buggy handles. I will have my brother take videos of my buggy on the track. I'll have an edited movie in a couple days that shows the pure power of this motor/esc.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a brushless system, you will not be dissapointed with the Wraith/Quark combo. In my opinion it is one of the best combo's out there right now. What more can you ask for, amazing amount of torque, an endless amount of rpm's, and all extremely smooth and controllable.

Of course, a review needs some pics!

-Armand

AkRacingProducts Guest

AkRacingProducts Guest

AkRacingProducts Guest

AkRacingProducts Guest

AkRacingProducts Guest

AkRacingProducts Guest

Moderators, can you move this to the brushless motors forum?

mat3833 Guest

i love you. first the top plate and now a revies on the motor i want.... will you marry me? lol j/k

Matt

pimpsmurf Guest

Have a speed gun? What kind of batteries are you using? What pinion?

-JNY

Q8y_drifter Guest

are you using Lipo or NiMH? how many cells?

thanks for the review!

+ Reply to Thread