+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wraith brushless

halfcrazy Guest

Question Wraith brushless

Any body runnnig a wraith motor ? Hows the room or lack of for the wires and steering post. Is their any get up and go with this motor

JakeE Guest

I should be receiving a Wraith tomorrow. After I get a chance to install and run it I'll post my thoughts on the Wraith vs. the Aon 4900 I'm currently running. I won't be able to comment on wire clearance and the steering posts though, I've got my diff rotated so I can run a LiPo pack down the left side of the chassis.

Migs Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JakeE
    I should be receiving a Wraith tomorrow. After I get a chance to install and run it I'll post my thoughts on the Wraith vs. the Aon 4900 I'm currently running. I won't be able to comment on wire clearance and the steering posts though, I've got my diff rotated so I can run a LiPo pack down the left side of the chassis.
    Hey Jake... I got an email from Troy at BPP and he said I should be getting my Wraith tomorrow as well. He missed the cut-off yesterday to get it out to me overnight. Oh well... as long as I have it for the 3-day weekend to play around with.

JakeE Guest

Well I finally had a chance to run the Wraith over the weekend. I race at a small, tight off-road track. The only place where I noticed a big difference from the Aon 4900 was a couple of sets of double jumps that have relatively short run-ups before them. I didn't do any speed runs but the highly scientific tire ballooning test tells me the Wraith can definitely spin the tires faster than the Aon motor.

OvaYaHead Guest

That purple can is a wraith. I don't have any complaints with the motor.

Migs Guest

Thumbs up Awesome...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrazy
    Any body runnnig a wraith motor ? Hows the room or lack of for the wires and steering post. Is their any get up and go with this motor
    I got my Wraith and Quark 33A esc about a week or so ago. I must say I'm pretty impressed. I did a few drag runs with a friend of mine who has a Mugen MBX5 buggy with a Novarossi Plus21-5 motor running 30% Werks fuel. I pulled away hard on him on a few of the runs. Needless to say he was pretty shocked, and so was I. I want to try running some 1/10th scale wheels and slicks with a slightly smaller pinion.

I didn't have any issues with the wires because I did the 180 degree rotation on the motor and diff. I still need to shorten my esc wires a little bit though.

Thanks again to Troy at BPP for all the great customer support and service.

I recently posted up some pictures of my install. Click the link below to check out my gallery.

halfcrazy Guest

well no wire issues and I am as happy as a fat man at a all you can eat ice cream parlor this sucker halls A$$ thanks BPP

Kyle Guest

yea the wraith7k is capable of incredible speeds lol almost uncontrollable speeds. my friend is running the wraith7k with the quark 65a roadster ESC. if it had wings it'd fly.

kyle

AkRacingProducts Guest

Here's my small review of the Wraith 7K:

http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2106

MrUnlimited Guest

Did you made any movie as you promised in your review?

+ Reply to Thread