+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Picked up a Inferno ST-R

pointcrossed Guest

Default Just Picked up a Inferno ST-R

When I saw this Truggy on the cover of RCCA I had to pick it up, but where to find it.

The Hobby shop I went to had 10 come in and sold all of them except one that was on hold so the shop person called the buyer, which I found out later was my racing buddy, who forfeitted it to me

I Picked it up last week, and I am contemplating building it before getting my pipe and electronics... But what the Heck

It came with a setup and I will break it in before I Return to SoCal. Dont plan on racing it here in Japan, the local track here almost destroyed my buggy due to rocks and gravel.
    Last edited by pointcrossed; 05-18-2006 at 10:48 AM.

leapingbug Guest

Thats great they look like one hell of a truggy im thinking about getting one over the winter and slapping a RB C6bb in it.
    I allways end up building my kits before i have the electronics and or exuast.That way i can put at least a 100 coats of look on it before racing it

plain_simple Guest

i guess that makes 3 of us then. I have it on my hands as we speak, should be ready to run this weekend, its an awesome truck. I'm anxious to see the differences between the MSR777 and the STR

leapingbug Guest

How is that ST-r Running

pointcrossed Guest

The out out of box setup needed some minor tweaking so I did a cross reference with my SP2. I havent raced it yet, just broke in the motor. My issue is tires, they are expensive, and bluegrove eats up a gas tire quick. so I ended up buying some HPI Nubz to start they are cheap have the best insert I have seen. just have to see how they will hook up compared to proline tires.

plain_simple Guest

Mine is doing great. Didnt had any prob with the dogbones or pinions which is something that most people seems to be facing. The truggy is super sharp on handling and has great steering.

Hot tip: Swap the R/L rear hub carriers to get more 2mm in lenght. Works really nice with this set-up. I did the same thing with my SP2 and H8 and, again, with the truggy it proved to be right, specially for sweep turns

pointcrossed Guest

2 mm? whats the difference in the swap and an extra 1 degree in camber?

Do you have a setup sheet that does this swap?

I would need a setup sheet that has this swap who is doing it and what track condition in order to justify this change....
    Last edited by pointcrossed; 06-19-2006 at 12:00 PM.

leapingbug Guest

What Setups are you guys running on the SP2

pointcrossed Guest

I run out of box tuning with 10K in the front diff stock in center 1k in the rear, 3.0 swaybar in the rear 60w oil in the rear white springs 10mm preload shocks, 40w in the front blue spring, 10mm off full droop in the rear, stock in front. k factory front/rear braces and fiorini bulkhead brace. Too much other stuff to list. This may not help it depends on the track its changing for me since I will not be racing in Japan for a while.

My ST-R is not set up due to not having a race setup, more focused on the buggy.
    Last edited by pointcrossed; 06-22-2006 at 12:21 PM.

plain_simple Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pointcrossed
    2 mm? whats the difference in the swap and an extra 1 degree in camber?

Do you have a setup sheet that does this swap?

I would need a setup sheet that has this swap who is doing it and what track condition in order to justify this change....
    2mm is what you increase in the lenght between front and rear whells with the swap. The swap was done by Cody King for the Hemet race and Kortz also uses that in all his buggys setups, H8 included. Its a very common trick that almost all the jammin drivers also use, Bradley included.
    The idea is to give the truck and/or buggy a better handling on bumpy, rutted and big jumps tracks because the footprint changes to a longer one that helps on "sweeped" turns and makes it more predictable and stable too.

1 degree in front camber is what makes sure that your front cvd's dont pop-out off the diff when the shocks are fully compressed which has been one of the biggest probs on the STR so far. Lots of pinions/rings and cvd's have been damaged because of this You can also shimm the front cvd's between the inner bearing and the cvd to get the same results. I went for the extra camber because it suits my driving.
    I hope it helps you.
    Last edited by plain_simple; 06-23-2006 at 03:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread