+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Half 8th Scale Onroad??

WhoMe Guest

Default Half 8th Scale Onroad??

I know when this Half Eight buzz started it was advertised as the beginning of a half eight "series". Suggesting more than one vehicle made at this scale; personally what Im hoping for is an electric half 8th scale Onroad car. has anyone heard anything? I think half of this would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Attached Images  

ongbenghui Guest

There is... it is known as 1/12 pan car.

WhoMe Guest

Ehh no...I want a scaled down version of the 8th scale. Not a fragile 2wd 12th scale..already own one of those.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 04-18-2006 at 07:32 PM.

mOOsE Guest

nope haven't heard anything....tough to start a whole new class though because no existing parts would work...ie bodies, wheels, tires.....
    maybe someday though. I personally think the 1/18th scale onroad cars are too small unless you stick around 15mph.

WhoMe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mOOsE
    nope haven't heard anything....tough to start a whole new class though because no existing parts would work...ie bodies, wheels, tires.....
    maybe someday though. I personally think the 1/18th scale onroad cars are too small unless you stick around 15mph.
    Asfar as the existing parts thing goes..well itl be pretty much the same as when Kyosho released the Mini Inferno. All new parts..new tires, new everything. And had the Inferno not had so many problems it would have taken off as a race class...so my hope would be that they release a Mini Evolva, that would or could easily be made race ready. Dunno though...I guess we will have to wait and see.

P.S. And this car wouldnt be 18th scale..it would be 16th just like the inferno. Well asfar as 1/18th scale onroad goes...we went alot faster than 15 mph and those suckers handled and moved out. Im just hoping for somthing alittle bigger..and somthing with the gadget appeal that an half/eight scale chassis would have.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 04-19-2006 at 03:31 PM.

bermbuster Guest

Talking

I know you must be missing your mini inferno....whome you can get a new h8 for $125 and or a MIST for $170. www.ultimatehobbies.com free shipping and no tax....go to the sight and get phone # and call to order....
    MIP is releasing a center diff and ball diffs real soon.....
    If the noise of the geartrain bothers you...wear an mp3 player and crank up the volume....

WhoMe Guest

No Mini Inferno for me. The gear mesh between the drivetrain parts is a mess, the slightest knock and it sounds like poop if your lucky...they get chewed up if your not. Aside from that...the car is cool, anyway back to hoping Kyosho puts out a proper half eighth scale onroad car...

+ Reply to Thread