+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: locked center dif

auto2 Guest

Default locked center dif

I raced last night with the stock center dif glued. I was expecting problems but I got to tell you it was SOOOOOo controlable. I could drift out of hairpins with out the back coming out.( on hard packed dirt) it was the first time I felt really happy with this truck. If I gave it too much throttle the rear came out and just a little twist og the steering and it went right back in line and took off. Flew perfect and made the jumps without full trhottle.

benz19 Guest

I too have my centre diff glued on my ST,stripped two 3racing diffs already,just glued standard diff,put it back in the standard housing,binned the Atomic one.

Am running 3r front and rear,with a Mega 16/15/4 brushless (2200rpv) on q 13t pinion and a 4cell lithium,the thing is AWSUME!!!!

Just need some good wheels and tires,sone for tarmac and some for dirt/grass.

Regards Benz

mat3833 Guest

i didnt glue mine but i put this sticky stuff that limits the action. i can pull wheelies if i try. it does make your rear diff wear out slightly faster tho.... i have went through 1 so far(about 20 packs)

Matt

over_powered_rookie Guest

when you say "glue" are you referring to glueing the 4 small gears to the big gear?

auto2 Guest

yes I just put CA glue on the spider gears. dont get any on the teeth of the spur gear

tulsidas Guest

Does gluing the spider gears, change the gearing ratio ?

Also normally the shafts from the center diff to the front and rear rotate in opposite directions. With the spider gears glued wouldn't they both rotate in the same direction ?

auto2 Guest

no and no
    center shafts turn same way,

...ok now i am confused..lol...Auto they HAVE to revolve in the same direction dont they? Seeeing as the spiders are fixed?

over_powered_rookie Guest

so what can a person expect when dropping from 30K in front ST diff to 3K and from 10K rear diff to 1K?

tulsidas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...ok now i am confused..lol...Auto they HAVE to revolve in the same direction dont they? Seeeing as the spiders are fixed?
    Auto is right. The shafts revolve in the same direction even when the spiders are not glued. The main difference gluing the spiders makes is that both the shafts have to turn (hehe .. locked centre diff)

I am still lost on the gearing ratio though. If I hold down 3 wheels the 4th revolves so much faster.

+ Reply to Thread