+ Reply to Thread

Thread: St or 3 Racing diffs???

gazzer55 Guest

Default St or 3 Racing diffs???

The 3 Racing diffs just came out and I imagine noone has tried them out yet but I was hoping to get some information as to which diffs I would be better off with. I read that ball diffs aren't very good with a brushless (from ronny's corner I believe) and that the ST diffs leak. I am looking for a diff that can be greased and will last a long time. What do you guys think, ST or 3 Racing????

ride1226 Guest

even though the 3racing ones just came out...i do beleive they will hold up...but if ur looking for the ultimate...wait another month and a half and buy the whole set of MIP stuff coming out...that is the real deal...MIP is awesome stuff

gazzer55 Guest

Ya good call!! Hopefully the stock diffs will hold up until then if I just grease em up. Just wondering but how often should I grease my diffs?? I have kyosho 5000 for center and front and 3000 for the rear. Also where do I apply the grease exactly and is there any easy way to access them without taking the whole front end apart?

hrtln Guest

That oil wont last 2 seconds w/ the stock diffs. It wont even stay on the gears long enough to try it. I had 100'000 in the center, and it might have stayed in there for one batt pack before it all flew off.

...for what its worth i prefer the 3R diffs over the ST diffs...I have been using both for a while now

leapingbug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gazzer55
    The 3 Racing diffs just came out and I imagine noone has tried them out yet but I was hoping to get some information as to which diffs I would be better off with. I read that ball diffs aren't very good with a brushless (from ronny's corner I believe) and that the ST diffs leak. I am looking for a diff that can be greased and will last a long time. What do you guys think, ST or 3 Racing????
    I beleive ronny was refering to the atomic diffs

gazzer55 Guest

Does anyone know how much the MIP diffs are going to run?? If theyre going to be pricey I figure I might just go with the 3 racing diffs now because i'll prolly need something before the MIP come out anyway. Also do you need to grease the 3R diffs??
    Last edited by gazzer55; 03-22-2006 at 04:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread