+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racers???????????

FHM101 Guest

Hey Folks...The track I run on has been retopped with sifted red clay and has gone from the crusty topsoil which would rut up on race day to a very hardpacked running surface which is usually coverd with a fine layer of dust when dry and super tacky when damp. I don't know if these little cars weigh enough to lay down a blue groove, but if they do we should be getting there soon. I've made some changes to my original setup for the new surface and so far it's working pretty well. I've gone back to the stock tires and they work so much better on this surface than the prolines do. I wish Losi made tires for the MI's

Front
    Kyosho alu shock tower
    20 deg C hubs 3R knuckles, shimmed out to remove end play
    Upper link-lower hole
    Camber-link gap 4.7mm
    Toe-link gap 13.1mm, outer hole on drag link
    Shocks-Kyosho alu, upper outer hole, losi 70wt, white springs, no preload
    Lower pin blocks F/R-stock/stock
    Diff-stock buggy, light coat silicone grease, center bearing, shimmed in bulk
    Drive-MIP CVD, alu outdrive cups, bones level

Center
    Diff-stock, medium coat silicone grease, center bearing, F/R bearings shimmed
    Slipper-stock, slipper pad beveled & roughed, 3.4mm gap, bushings replaced with bearings
    Motor-Hyperion 5000, 12T pinion

Rear
    Kyosho alu shock tower
    Hubs-stock, lower hole, shimmed in to remove end play, long wheelbase
    Upper link I/O-upper inner/outermost
    Camber-link gap 7.7mm
    Toe/squat-alu C block/stock
    Shocks-Kyosho alu, upper inner hole, losi 60wt, white springs, no preload
    Diff-stock buggy, medium coat silicone grease, center bearing, shimmed in bulk
    Drive-MIP CVD, alu outdrive cups, bones level

Tires-Proline Crime Fighters
    Servo-Hitec HS81MG
    Cells-9.4v 1400mah matched pack
    ESC-Mamba 25 programmed by Troy at BPP
    Receiver-Spektrum
    PT-mounted stock location
    The front brace is now a turnbuckle from the steering plate to the center diff

BiGRoB21 Guest

fhm101- how long do you think it would take for me to get to the track comeing from new orleans? let me know me and a friend may make a trip out there.

FHM101 Guest

We are about 20 minutes north of Birmingham in Trussville, Alabama. Here's a link to some pics of our little mini track when it was being redone with the clay.
    http://www.madmaxxrc.com/one_eighteenth.html

Did you get switched back to the stock tub? I've picked up several CF plates and a pitbull, but I can't find any reason to not like my stock chassis. A few of the ST guys have switched to holeshot CF chassis' and really like them, and I traded for an ST on a cut down CF plate. It's really slick looking and works real well, but I still like the buggy better.
    Last edited by FHM101; 08-27-2006 at 08:39 AM.

BiGRoB21 Guest

yep im all switched back, and to tell you the truth i like it better. the car seems to handel way better now. im working on finding the right spring for my car now.

BiGRoB21 Guest

looks like it would take me about 5 hours or so to get there, isnt too bad. what days do yall run the micros and when do yall run the 8th scales.

FHM101 Guest

The mini's run on friday night right now, but John is talking about changing that when the outdoor season ends. We are expecting quite a crowd once the weather turns off cold.

We don't currently have a regular race schedule for the big cars as John is still working on getting all his ducks in a row on the big track. We usually get together on sunday and play around, but John told me last friday that the drivers stand will be done by today and he's about ready to start holding regular outdoor races. Shelby county however, runs 8th, MT, and truggy every saturday. They are a little over an hour from the mini track. I was out there last night for the first time in a while shaking down an MBX5T and the level of competition is very high. They have a bunch of young guns out there who can drive the wheels off their cars. I've always sucked with the big cars (who am I kidding, I suck with the little ones as well), but I really suck running with that crowd.

EphiDelt490 Guest

We'll definitely have to make a trip .

BiGRoB21 Guest

yah, we will make a trip one day, but making it on a friday night may be hard as we have a 5 hour drive and we dont get out of class till 2.

ChrisOFNA Guest

Well, I've been racing mine.... sorta. There aren't many people out here for mini, and when there are minis they aint very good so I pretty much showboat around the track. I'm thinking of throwing my Mini Inferno with stock truck one day so I have at least a little more challenge (Well, alot of challenge, dang pro drivers).

FHM101 Guest

That would be great if you guys could come up and race with us. I'll let you know when John decides on a new day for the mini racing. Also, I don't know how far you are from Jacksonville FL, but they have a very strong mini off road program going down there. I don't remember the name of the place off the top of my head, but I'll dig it up and post it here.

+ Reply to Thread