+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nano Dragon 1:16th H8 Clone

rustler08 Guest

Well after returning my mini inferno, I plan on getting one of these little buggers. But they have to make an ST version first

My two Iwaver Firelap 4.0s have now gone bust after one month. Both have serious range problems. They also came with underperfroming stock motors vs. the Mini-Z Monsters, wider turning radius and weaker stock plastic parts. As a result I will stick with Kyosho for the future.

Now I see the attraction of the Nanodragon as the starting platform to upgrade if you already have lots of off the shelf upgrades to leverage or just enjoy doing the upgrades yourself I just want to play and do simple to do upgrades without soldering, etc. For people like me, I beleive it is more cost effective just to start with the now releasing (in Japan) ARRs:

Mini Inferno and Mini Inferno ST ARR
    Steve
    AOL Screen Name: SteveR1960 buzz me if you want to chat RC

erik_dedobbeleer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by arch2b
    trc, inc. carries iwaver. will the shop be getting any of the much cheaper iwaver parts? oddly, i'm interested in the street tires
    The nano dragons tires are great, soft and grippy with a good pattern for dusty parking lots etc.

but they come pre-glued and I haven't found a way to get them on other rims yet

puppyonfire Guest

Default Nanodragon board a replacement for the H8

Hi guys,

For those who have yet to upgrade to brushless, the nanodragon board is a pretty good replacement for a damaged H8 stock board. I thought I'd post this so that guys like me who'd like to go easy on the $$ have cheaper options.

The size is a little bigger and it doesn't come with the casing so you'd have to file it down a bit to fit the H8 board casing. Best thing is, it uses 3 wire servos. No noticeable difference in controls but then again I use my H8 for bashing and not racing. And oh, i use intellect 1200mAh 8 celll packs on it

Cheers

erik_dedobbeleer Guest

If you live in China like me, you won't find a nanodragon: look for the brand name long-sun and product name 4-wheel cross-country.
    Beside the stickers , all is the same, including the to my experience excellent radio.

If hassling is involved I paid mine about 600 RMB or 60 euro includin g6 intttelect 1200 cells.

Erik

MINIz guy Guest

i paid 480RMB for my nano dragon but it didnt came with everything the manual said it was suppose to some with. but still, for 480, is that a good price?

erik_dedobbeleer Guest

Hi mini-Z

It would depend on what you were missing...
    Mine was missing some of the little extras, like a small tool etc. but nothing which kept it from running.
    I don't remember what was the deal for the batteries vs the car but it sounds like you got it real cheap.

tip: I found that the outdrives of the diffs were not screwed on strong enough.
    With the wheels in the air you'd never notice , but the car was not acting as a 4wd is supposed too: I think it was pulling on the front wheels only.
    Make sure to check this and put the tension on the screws, or the outdrives 'll start spinning on the axles, especially with a hotter moter.

Where do you live in China?

erik
    Last edited by erik_dedobbeleer; 09-09-2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: forgot something

MINIz guy Guest

mine was missing the servo mounts. also, ill look into that once i get my nano running again, im waiting on getting a esc, motor and batts in a few weeks.

erik_dedobbeleer Guest

Now you mention it, I remember:
    indeed it had only one: the one used with the supplied servo.
    where do you live in China?

take a look at my gallery to see what happened with my 'nano dragon'
    http://www.one18th.com/10616Gallery.htm
    the half 9 is the current status

cheers, Erik

MINIz guy Guest

i dont live in china but go there every summer for vacation as lots of my relative are in china.

+ Reply to Thread