+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ...Lunsford Racing...

Default ...Lunsford Racing...

...HalfEight.com has been in touch with the hard-working staff at Lunsford Racing in regard to their possible production of titanium parts for the Mini Inferno...They are a LITTLE behind in their R&D but they have announced that they are working on parts for this vehicle...

...They already do parts for other 1:18 platforms such as the Mini T and the RC18T...They ALSO do parts for the 1:8 Inferno so the know its ins and outs already...

...Michelle from their Sales Division was kind enough fill me in on some of their finer details...

...Michelle says...

"I did want to take a moment to comment on our products and the price. First, our titanium turnbuckles are guaranteed. If you bend a Lunsford Turnbuckle we replace it no questions asked. Our titanium turnbuckles are CNC machined from 6-4 grade domestic titanium. It's the best. We couldn't imagine making our products any other way. Our parts are tough, lightweight and built for high-performance and they are built to last. Quality vs. Qty. It's a Quantity that you won't have to replace over and over and over."

...and thats the TRUTH...Lunsford Parts are an investment and we look forward to their participation on this vehicle...

..Check out Lunsford racing at...

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/

Lunsford Racing Guest

Hello BitHed and members of HalfEight. We will be taking a serious look at the Mini Inferno as soon as it is available in the U.S. We prefer to have the car in our shop for R&D before we even consider what parts to produce or not to produce. As I discussed with BitHet, we’re very excited about the introduction of a halfeight buggy into the R/C world. I will stop by the forum when ever I have a chance. Please feel free to offer comments or questions here or at our website. See you at the races!

Wow, great to see you here LR!

...Thanks for coming by Lunsford...It is truly staggering to be online JUST a few hours and to already have this kind of support from a manufacturer...We are delighted to have you here and we look forward to your R&D...Now about those samples

ruknd Guest

all lunsfort turnbuckles are guranteed? damn I should ahve been saving my bent xxxbk2 and xxxmf2 rods.

...you gotta LOVE No Questions Asked Replacement Deals

Lunsford Racing Guest

ruknd has brought up a good oportunity to clear the air about the BK2 and MF2 turnbuckles. The turnbuckles that come stock in the Losi kit are not Lunsford Punisher Turnbuckles. Lunsford turnbuckles used to come in the Losi car and truck kits prior to the MF2 and BK2, but the turnbuckle that is now in the Losi kits is Losi's turnbuckle. We do make it for them but it is to thier specifications and it is thier design. We don't guarantee Losi's turnbuckle. If you lay a Lunsford Punisher and a Losi turnbuckle side by side you are going to see the difference. The biggest difference is in the thread length. Losi's threaded area is longer.
    If you have an older Losi that has Punishers on it we will honor the guarantee. And if you are having trouble with one location (say the rear camber) on the newer Losi models I would recommend replacing them with Lunsford Punishers. If you don't want to buy the entire kit, you can purchase any of our turnbuckles in a 2 pack. We also offer a Super Duty Version of the Punisher that has a 3.5mm thread that is great for taking the punishment of a Nitro truck like the AD2. Have a look here on our website in the catalog here Lunsford Punisher 2 Packs and here Super Duty 2 packs

...Lunsford i am truly stoked you are here Couple of questions for you...

...Punisher and Heavy Duty...Whats the difference? What have you been using for other 1:18 platforms? Will you include stickers with your MinFerno sets too? Is Lunsford a place or a person? Have you ever nailed a jelly to the ceiling? So many questions

ruknd Guest

oh I meant your turnbuckles...yeah the Lunsford turnbuckles are the best you can get HANDS DOWN. I have replaced most of mine with lunsford as well as the ball cups into titanium and they rarely break but sometimes in the heat of a race I blast the double hard even if I'm not lined up to do so and I land it just wrong and a turnbucke breaks.

Lunsford Racing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...Lunsford i am truly stoked you are here Couple of questions for you...

...Punisher and Heavy Duty...Whats the difference? What have you been using for other 1:18 platforms? Will you include stickers with your MinFerno sets too? Is Lunsford a place or a person? Have you ever nailed a jelly to the ceiling? So many questions
    Hey BitHed - The difference between Punisher and Super Duty is .5 mm. Punisher turnbuckles have 3mm threads and Super Duty Have 3.5mm. We punched up the diameter to make an even tougher turnbuckles for 1/10th scale Nitro Trucks. If you want to read more info have a look here Super Duty Info We use the Punisher 3mm for the 1/18th Scale platform. Tough! IF we do make a kit for the MiniInferno and I have told you we will definately take a serious look at it - yes it would probably be in line with the other Mini's in our arsenal and absolutely it would come with decals. One cool thing is that you can put our turnbuckles on most rc cars and we do make bulk packs available.
    No, I haven't nailed a jelly to the ceiling But I'd like to see that attempted!
    Thanks for the great questions.

+ Reply to Thread