+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium Hex Set HELP

leapingbug Guest

Arrow Titanium Hex Set HELP

Im looking to get a titanium hex set but dont know where to get one.
    Ive seen the great FaQ post by bithead on the sizes so i can just go out and get them 1 by 1 but thatll cost alot more and just get frustrating prolly lol

Thanks guys

PS i searched the forum for a half hour with no luck

leapingbug Guest

some one please help me

Hawk Guest

I have never seen hex cap screw in Titanium for H8. There is + titanium screw set available from a couple of places. I personally don't use Titanium screws. They are not as strong as alloy steel (12.9, 10.9 Din). The same is true of Stainless Steel, not as strong as alloy steel and save no weight. I have not had good luck with SS though they look pretty.
    If you like the bling, go with alloy in colors. If you like strength, alloy steel (usually black). If you want to blow money on bragging rights, then Titanium is your best bet.

One thing, in the sizes for the replacement of TP and machine screws in the H8/ST, you are going to have a hard time finding screws in less than 50 packs, some are 100 pieces. That is the problem with not using a packager for screw sets, the numbers are all wrong. You can spend a lot of money buying screws you will never use.

Let me know if you are interested in a set of alloy 12.9/10.9 hex head machine screws for H8/ST.
    I may be able to help, or know someone that can.

mat3833 Guest

hey hawk im looking for a set of steel screws. i want he strongest available and weight isnt a factor. i love my H8 and if it wants to be fat i will let it.

Matt

leapingbug Guest

Mat thats funny lol
    O ok i was under the impresion that titanium was stronger and wiegh less. if all they are used for is to save wieght thats silly
    How much money $usd for the 100 pc set Black alloy steel im interested
    Thanks

leapingbug Guest

o and hawk what is the very lest to strip 12.9 / 10.9

mat3833 Guest

lol i kno im funny but my H8 does have a weight problem(least of its worries at the moment it is crippled) and as i said i am not going to influence its decisions. it wants to be bulletproof so it will be! oh and hawk go the hex head sets come with hex drivers/ allen keys?

Matt

pimpsmurf Guest

Bit has an alloy steel hex head screw set for the H8, but he was trying to bundle it with stuff IIRC. *shrug*

I might hit up the LHS for some screws for the bottom, but I have yet to have a problem with the stocker screws.

-JNY

bermbuster Guest

the term hex head screw mean the head of the screw has 6 sides......
    the screws you are looking for have a hex socket and are called socket head cap screws or flat head socket screws....these screws use a hex driver sometimes called an "allen" wrench. Allen is a brand name of the wrench.
    In a previous life i was a screw manager.........

pimpsmurf Guest

Yeah, I knew that.

Apparently CAW ships w/ priority mail, so I should have my Pitbull and alloy top deck tomorrow!!!!! WOOT!

-JNY

+ Reply to Thread