+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Box Stock ST

bermbuster Guest

mine is mySTeriously STealth and faST.......... and it is a bermbuSTer..........

Hawk Guest

Default WinSTon gets more ummmph... and likes it.

http://halfeight.com/gallery/showpho...to=676&cat=500
    http://www.3racing.com.hk/descriptio...d_type=Options
    http://www.unitedrc.com/store/produc...andId=7&ID=210

Today, WinSTon gets a Kyosho X-Speed motor (IHW13) in a 3Racing ti motor mount, United RC X42s battery pack w/Deans ultra connector, Deans ultra connector on the stock ESC/rx.
    While I had the motor/mount out, I tightened the slipper spring. It was slipping way too much with stock motor and the 9.6v PN1250 pack it shipped with. I tightened it until it is just shy of coil bind on the spring. It didn't slip on acceleration after the Battery/Motor swap so I guess this will do for now.

Willie and I were pleasantly surprised by the extra power and run time available with the X42s pack. The motor had a noticeable increase in speed and punch out of the corner. It was all very controlable and a fun setup just like this. I think for a 1/16 big tired ST it is a very nice package. It handled the front yard grass and curb jump testing with dirt oval speeds and power slides that were impressive.

I charged the battery with Vision Peak Ultra charger on nimh setting, 1.1 amps (1C) and it peaked at 12.19v at 1hr5min. Like I said, good run times 15-18min and nice bump in speed and punch. After the run, the motor/motor mount and heat sink were noticeably warm almost hot to the touch. I have misplaced my temp gun or I would have given a reading, sorry. I used the stock pinion (12t). This wasn't a bad setup and I will try the 14t pinion to see what effect that has.

One thing I noticed was the excessive play in the steering and in all the wheels. I have shims in house now to shim the axles so that should be taken care of soon. I plan to install the knuckles from 3Racing along with the kingpins in the photo. I will use 10.9 alloy steel flush hex head screw M3x6mm in all four holes. I will put Loctite 242 (blue) from the stick applicator in pic. on to the screws and let them dry before assembly. Loctite cures anerobicly so it will not start to cure until the screws are in the threads. I will let then set for 4-8 hours to make sure they get a good grip.

I have a H8 set of titanium tie rods and will install them in the front end to replace the current setup. This will be used with the 3Racing ball end set.

So shimmed and tightened front end, shimmed steering and some battery magic will tell its tale next. I am going to look at the bump steer issue mentioned recently after this. I have GPM and 3Racing steering setups. I will try both to see what happens.

I like the speed for this scale. I am not one that wants a out of control 50mph screamer. I want something that can be driven with some skill to make fast lap times and is FUN to play with around the house. So far I think we are on a very good track to realize this.

bermbuster Guest

I have a very similar set up in my sons ST. It is plenty fast. Im not going to tighten up the steering and the wheels because I believe the play helps the truck stay together when my son crashes it.....If I make everything tight it might destruct on impact......I want one for myself now but I have to start thinning our herd......(tough decision on what to give up)

pimpsmurf Guest

Yeah, I'm about to let the Mini-LST go for 250 including 2 trinity cobalt 18 (16 turn) motors, hotbodies body posts, and deans ultra plugs on the pack/ESC. Probably just going to put in the LHS. It would sell in a couple days probably. The Mini-T really broke my heart on the small dirt oval (bluegroove) this weekend. It could just barely keep up with the 1:10 scale bunch, but I'd expect that some bigger wheels would even the playing field.

I was using simple green and a blow torch to stickify the tires. haha! I need a 1:10 electric stock truck.

-JNY

...I know how that song goes....I have let my buggy go privately and I will be some more builds to get rid of some of the stuff in the office...PLUS my E-Zilla is in need of a place to park

joseph Guest

I like to play with my gato.

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...I know how that song goes....I have let my buggy go privately and I will be some more builds to get rid of some of the stuff in the office...PLUS my E-Zilla is in need of a place to park
    Bit,
    You need to get rid of some stuff to SEE your office. lol. Remember I said it looked like the insides of an RC pinata?

Do you know what a pinata is? I thought it was funny but if you don't know, it doesn't make much sense.

Hawk Guest

WinSTon is getting lots of makeup and new clothes. He likes to play dressup like BigRob.lol
    Pitbull(r) arrived for WinSTon today. Pretty soon the only difference between WinSTon and Nelson will be the wing and brushless v brushed. This is proving very interesting. The brushed setup works very nicely and the alloy chassis may be over kill but I live by the words, If it is worth killing, then it is worth overkilling.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

...well we dont HAVE them in NZ but I studied them in primary school...well i think we made one...I have this weird memory of being smacked with a stick...lol...

...Yes Hawk your comment did make me laugh I see you got your signature done....That will make it MUCH easier for us to laugh and point fingers

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...well we dont HAVE them in NZ but I studied them in primary school...well i think we made one...I have this weird memory of being smacked with a stick...lol...

...Yes Hawk your comment did make me laugh I see you got your signature done....That will make it MUCH easier for us to laugh and point fingers
    Don't have what, cross dressers? I live near S.F., there are way too many around here. As for being smacked with a stick, What ever floats your boat guy.

+ Reply to Thread