+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PitBull ST build

Hawk Guest

Default PitBull ST build

Hi,
    Gopher asked me if I have a ground up PitBull ST build up going on. He asked about parts cost with taking it that direction. In response I have opened this thread. I will document my PitBull chassis build of an Mini Inferno ST from nothing to finished running racer.
    I plan to list all parts and numbers if applicable, source/supplier, cost from that supplier and pictures of progress. Gopher is interested in the roller build and does not include electronics. I will list it that way but early on I need to set up the servo and motor so those will be mentioned but I will keep too cost lists, one with servo and motor and the other without.

Keep in mind that the details of the build up are based on my tastes, budget and intended purpose. I want a all out racer. That means reliable, consistent, tunable and FAST.
    I will make decisions about parts that will reflect this. I will try and include my thoughts on these departures and explain why. I might even list the alternatives that I think a backyard runner might use instead.

I pick some parts based on my experience with 1/8 off road racing (MP777 SP2/OS RZ-B Vspec T) and might not make sense to some.

d

gopher Guest

thanks hawk just like to see projects through completion, similar to thomas p's work going on

I think a step by step might be my best move... will take me a while to finish the way my wife keeps taking my hobby money away... bah.. bills...

Trickpatrick Guest

Thumbs up

Perfect I like the way you think sir.
    I too want an all out ST for race only.
    Keep up the good work I'll be watching

Hawk Guest

I thought I would start with the basic platform, the chassis. This is the PitBull chassis and add on kit (screws, servo mounts) from Panic Toys, thanks BitHed. STiffy will be added later.

Cost: $70.00

Second photo is the servo mounts mounted on the chassis with 3mm hex flush screws. Drilled and counter-sunk holes. Servo cost $59.95 from Tower Hobbies but that won't be included in the roller total.
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-12-2006 at 01:40 AM.

gopher Guest

I can't see the pics?

edit:

link to HAWK'S GALLERY to see pics
    Last edited by gopher; 01-12-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Hawk Guest

Sorry Gopher, I forgot that part. Clueless I guess.
    d

Hawk Guest

Sorry for so long between updates. I have been busy with other pressing matters. Parts have arrived so that I can continue and lots of goodies that are 'neccessary' for a stock type build up arrived too. I am still waiting for the shims (they are in the mail) for the axles/wheel nuts.

So I thought I would do the standard photo with 'Here are my pile of parts'. Many are 3racing but the most important to me, the shocks, are Kyosho. No body does it better.
    Attached Images  

...aww man this is going to be some REAL fun...And you thought watching Myth Busters' was cool!! This is gonna be KEWL!!!

mat3833 Guest

i love mythbusters!!! that show kicks. let us kno when you get the parts installed and a video made.

Matt

Hawk Guest

This is the motor selection to experiment with:
    motors left to right Tekin Rage 6.8kv, Hyperion YC-22 5000, Hacker 4200kv, Aon 2415-4900, Mamba 8000kv.
    ESCs Tekin, Mamba, Quark 22A.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-17-2006 at 06:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread