+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: AON 4900

2dialed Guest

Default no more cogging

yep turd tried to beat arourd the bush with the spilled juice, even said it would take 25 or 30 amps to start this motor. well i put a mtroniks genesis sport 40 amp controller in there and it has twice as much acceleration top end is about the same but it gets there quicker. also put a buggy body on there with the buggy shock towers. the truck shock towers are not as tall as the buggy toweres and the shocks lenght fit the buggy towers better. took me about 10 tries to get the body to fit as this speedo is huge. the capacitor is about the size of a cp 1300 cell. wish i could load a picture cause this sucker is prety bad ass. has massive heat sinks built into the body of it and it ran outta the box without programming or nuthing

...Dialed did it get hot at all? LMK as best you can...Cheers...

arsehoyle Guest

Unhappy busted aon

hey guys,
    I was just running my MI in my shop last nite where we've been setting up a track every weekend (carpet over plywood) after a few agressive laps (I was getting about six feet of air and about 18 feet length off one of the jumps) I happened to chatch a glimse of something shiny bouncing around inside the body. It was the end cap of my AON 4900!!! Those things are just glued on! And it popped off completely! I'm not sure how long I was running it like that but, up until I stopped it, it seemed to be running fine (the aon is an awsome running motor). I've only had the aon for a few weeks and this problem comes as a complete suprise since it seems pretty well built otherwise.

Has anyone else had this experience? Maybe turd can tell me what the best way to go about putting it back on would be....what kinda glue do you guys use? Maybe I should use a different kind...?

This is my first brushless setup (I'm mostly a nitro guy ) so any info would be great. Thanks!

theturd Guest

Locktite it back on. However make certain that nothing got into the motor before to put it back together.

theturd Guest

2dialed, you really need to go to a higher count pinion gear (start with 13T) to get more speed. That is a good comfortable pinion for most users.

2dialed Guest

i ran it over at crystal park yesterday with a 12 tooth pinon with an 8 cell 1200's but it couldn't keep up with the 1/8th scales, might have to go to lipo's or gear up like u say. i use the 12 tooth because i really have it set up more for socal which is a smaller track. i'd really like to run 1/10th scale buggy rears on it but can't find any caw adapters. i assume most of u guys running the lipo's are flipping the motor to the rear and running 2100's cause i can't really find anything other than the apoggee 830's that would fit in a saddle pack configuration. i don't think the tp 910 would fit either but i haven't tried it. i think the old tannic or irate 1100's would have fit it but i'm not sure. probabaly head over to socal wed nite and see how it does.

arsehoyle Guest

The old locktite on the endbell trick eh? OK I'll give that a try! Thanks turd!

arsehoyle Guest

Btw since this IS a thread about the AON....it's AWSOME!!! I walked all over my buddys' nitro LST2 drag racing! ...Sweet revenge since his LST is a bit faster than my Savage...but then...that's for another forum.

Crusher Guest

Holy Cow! I just ran the Aon this weekend with the kyosho 9.6 battery. My buddy with the hacker and 11.1v lipo couldn't even come close to matching my speed and acceleration. I'm ordering another as backup.

Matthew

theturd Guest

Glad you guys are having fun. What are pinions, spurs and battery pack are you guys running with? Once you have post it, I'll have some stickers sent out to you. This will help fellow drivers... unless you need to keep your edge

Oh, be sure to email me you mailing address or post it. My email is schao@aonelectric.com NOTE: It doesn't even need to be an AON motor setup.
    Last edited by theturd; 12-12-2006 at 04:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread