+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: AON 4900

2dialed Guest

Default found one

got lucky and found the aon 4900 over at pegasus in montclair. i know bithead pointed this out but the aon takes 3x6mm motor screws and the 2.6mm will fit it but they might strip out using them so u have to drill out the motor mounts to fit the 3mm screws. i tried running it on my phoenix 25 plane controller and didn't like the brakes so i got the mamba instead and what i'm noticeing is that there is no coasting, and then hitting the brakes, just drag brakes only. is this true of all brushless controllers? drag brakes only? i made up a 8 cell pack using some old kan cells from one of my planes as i'm still waiting on some packs from maxamps and i'm getting some cogging while taking off from a standing start. i have to roll on the throttle to get it moving and once moving it doesn't cog. i've tried a 10 tooth and 14 tooth pinon and both do the same. i have the phoenix link but never used it, felt the different profiles were just beta and was worried i couldn't go back to the original profile. is anyone having any luck programming the different profiles and which version is working? i used some of the mugen grease on the center diff and what a difference, no pushing, turns really nice and can't wait to try it out on the track and i know i won't have any problem breaking some parts because most of the racing i do is 1/8 scale so the tracks around here have some pretty big jumps and with the aon on board i'm sure i'll be going for it

auto2 Guest

no my tekin works perfect.

2dialed Guest

are u saying with the tekin that u can coast and then hit the brakes? what about cogging, and what cells and pinon r u running

hrtln Guest

Mine never cogs as well. 3cell lipo. There are a few tricks that you can do to help this prob you are having. Batts being one of them.

leapingbug Guest

hey 2 dialed you need to hook up that link and take out the dragbrake and add some normall brake if you cant feel any allso turn down the timeing till you get some 3 cell lipos thatll do the trick

2dialed Guest

yeah i tried the lipo's, i have an apogee 3s 830 pack and a tp 3s 1320 pack that i tried to shoehorn in there. i fried my slipper gear today i guess my mesh was not set right. i think it was still cogging though, i need a smaller pinon than the 14t i was running. what size lipo's r u guy"s running? the 3 cell 1320 pack doesn't fit very well, it's alittle bit too tall. do most of u flip the motor to the rear and run 2100's? my apogee 830's fit alittle better but i think i would have to pair them up in a saddle pack as this motor probably sucks down some amps lol

theturd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2dialed
    .... i think it was still cogging though, ...
    Hi 2diled,

Here are a few things on cogging that I wrote (for better or worse). It is a starting point. There are other posts on cogging you may want to look at also.

http://halfeight.com/forums/showthre...=8317#post8317
    http://halfeight.com/forums/showthre...2900#post12900
    http://halfeight.com/forums/showthre...3559#post13559

hrtln Guest

Hey Turd,
    When are you gona get them 4900's back in stock?

theturd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtleMan
    Hey Turd,
    When are you gona get them 4900's back in stock?
    I believe we'll have them back into your local store before then end of April. The exact will be around the 24th.

2dialed Guest

well i finally used the castle link which i've had laying around forever, it went pretty easy so i loaded the 1.04 version,an 8 cell intellect 1200 with deans ultra, and a 10t pinon. the new batteries didn't seem to have much more power than the old kans that i was using but it was on it's first cycle. still coggs though on a standing start so hopefully i won't crash much and it won't be much of an issue. i'm using the standard settings except for brake strenght, any suggestions for the settings? i live pretty close to carson ca. so i was thinking maybe one of the quark 33 controllers, has anyone tried thier procar 33 amp? i'm thinking i'll head over to socal and try this pup out on the track

+ Reply to Thread