+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: AON 4900

Default AON 4900

...The AON 4900...Its a direct fit...I run my wires over the top to use the gap in the shell..I tried them around the side but they would hit...From the top is a mUCH better fit...

...HPI RS4 12t pinion...Lots to grab onto...There is a the TINIEST gap between the grub / set screw and the idler gear but it fits and goes round and round REALLY quickly

...Fits nicely into a 3Racing alloy mount...BIG gobs of room around the motor...I had to ENLARGEN the mounting holes from the front to let in a 3mm screw...Not a major hassle to make sure that there is between 3 & 4mm IN the motor...pretty easy really but just make sure to eye up your screw length BEFORE you start putting it in...Check your rotor revolves without problems...

...The 4900 runs off the MAMBA 25...Straight-forward and easy...If you can turn on a transmitter you can set up the MAMBA...The weight savings of a brushless ESC are HUGE over a brushed system...thats points FOR...

...The AON weighed in at 71 grams...Xspeed with 16 gauge wire and a Deans Ultra was 77 grams...Again points FOR...

...Running the AON on 6 cells I am getting slightly longer and more powerful runs than the Xspeed...speed is good and STILL controllable...I personally feel that I would rather be fast and on the edge than TOO fast...

...its probably more driving style but I now have to left off the gas earlier to take the turns i did with a brushed...Also the extra speed effects my chassis differently which I still havent gotten used to yet...This is my first brushless system...DEFINATELY wont be my last...

TNB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    [CENTER][IMG]...its probably more driving style but I now have to left off the gas earlier to take the turns i did with a brushed
    Do you use the brake?

...nope...Two speeds...STOP and GO REALLY FAST I am not coordinated enough to be able to use the brake well...It usually stops LOL...

vindictor67 Guest

How you keeping her so clean bit. Thought you liked to bash!!!

vindictor67 Guest

And I thought you glued your slipper and removed your spring for weight?

...it rained last sunday...and then it stopped...My son took me outside and we played in the mud...my H8 WAS dirty, and grainy, and squeaky and pooy and crappy...But she wanted to clean up for her piccies I am breaking it down and redoing everything wgain...Thats the fun of it isnt it?

...that slipper is NOT glued but non-functional...in the smaller gear is two plastic bushings from a Mini Z, wheel ones i think...The shaft is titanium...I didnt want to glue my gear to my titty shaft so blocked up the small gear with two Z bushings and put a single H8 bushing on the outside and then bolt / screwed it...I replaced the BIG bearing in the slipper unit and my whole central gear box ISNT bolted tightly shut...It rolls SO smooth its evil ALL bearings have be DE-gunged and lubed out the wazoo...I actually cooked the 'glued diff' when my 4900 wasnt set up against it properly...I went IN looking like Michael Jackson with an Afro and came out looking like Kojak...

...weight-wise I am actually still very light so i am not too worried anymore...The spring doesnt add too much im sure...

vindictor67 Guest

LOL gotta love brushless power Told you, you would like it!!!!!

OneTimeCRX Guest

Actually if you want to remove weight anywhere, the two most effective places (for speed and handling) are in the suspension pieces and driveline pieces.

By removing any unnecessary unsprung weight from the suspension you improve the response time of the moving parts, and thus improve the handling. BMW, for example, is quite well known for good handling cars because of their extensive development of lightweight suspension parts.

By removing mass of the driveline parts (ie anything that spins), not only do you gain the benefits of reduced mass, but you also reduce the amount of power loss due to rotational inertia. It's like getting a double bonus.

When calculating the acceleration/top speed of a car, first you start with the total force that the engine can provide. Then you subtract from it various "drag" forces. These include vehicle mass, aerodynamic drag, rolling resistance of the tyres, frictional drag of moving parts, and finally the rotational mass of the driveline. If you can reduce the size of any of these drag forces, you'll get a faster car (assuming that you haven't met the limits of tyre traction). Therefore by reducing the rotational mass of the driveline you reduce the drag forces caused by vehicle mass AND rotational mass.

So removing the weight of the spring in the slipper will have more of an effect than you first think.

Of course, the point is to remove weight without disturbing the car's balance or durability.

...Thanx OneTime..Now you know I am a big fan of your work / posts...I have learnt ALOT from some of yur posts...A big shout out to you and Im gald you are on our pages...Anything you ever need from my end of the world just let me know...

...NOW...you know this platorm...And I have read and understand your above post...Give me some homework teach Im a teacher too BTW...but never mind...Keeping in mind your previous posts what 'actions' should be taken to carry out your 'recommendations' ? I have already put titty screws everywhere they will fit...Take the slippper spring out again? We have already been out twice this week so i am running out of ideas for interesting dates...Dinner and a movie just doesnt cut it anymore...

...OneTime get me a list of things to do mate

+ Reply to Thread