+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: AON 4900

Crusher Guest

I'm running the 3R center diff with whatever spur that is. I believe I had the 31t blue delrin gear and a 16t plastic pinion. I was also running the Kyosho brand 9.6NiMH.

I had an issue with Robinson Racing mini metal pinions. I was eating up my blue delrin gears like crazy. My buddy thinks it's because my plastic motor mount was flexing under the torque of the Aon.

Matthew

008 Guest

Hello Sir! This may be a dumb question but does the Aon 4900 go in reverse with the mamba 25 esc. I know that this a Heli motor.

008 Guest

How do i gear the inferno for Florida offroading where the ground is sandy. Using the aon 4900. And how do i gear the mini inferno half 8 lav military vehicle for trailing speeds and rock crawling . I know that sand puts additional stress on any motor.

theturd Guest

There is no dumb question. T2415-4900 is not a heli motor. It is designed for the 1/18 to 1/14th class cars and EDF (electric ducted fans).

Off roading on a sandy track will most likely require a change in tires. Reduce the pinion count to effectly lower the drive ratio. Make certain that all your drive train system and important joints are protected and sealed (if possible).

MrUnlimited Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 008
    How do i gear the inferno for Florida offroading where the ground is sandy. Using the aon 4900. And how do i gear the mini inferno half 8 lav military vehicle for trailing speeds and rock crawling . I know that sand puts additional stress on any motor.
    For gearing on sandy ground depends on the battery: golden rule is to start with a small pinion and see how it is running. You can then
    add a new pinion with a extra tooth. Start with 10t (if you are using the blue 3Racing gears).
    For a Rockcrawler you have to get a low rev motor with a high gearing to get torque.

leapingbug Guest

hey turd whats up bin a long while.I was thinking about getting another mini so i figured id poke in here to find it dead

aldredheron Guest

I believe the 24 refers to the diameter of the motor...I just measured it and it was 24mm in diameter. The length of the AON 4900 is just slightly over 33 mm as measured with a caliper. The Mamba motor is the same length but 20 mm in diameter.

I emailed Steven Chao requesting the dimensions of the T2815-5800 and will post them here when he replies if he doesn't post them here himself. If the sizing works out, it could be a real monster in the Half8! It might be too much for the track but it should be ballistic on speed runs with some tall gearing (provided the drivetrain holds up).

+ Reply to Thread