+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ST drivetrain parts ?

morati Guest

Default ST drivetrain parts ?

Hey guys, I just got my new ST the other day. Been going over the truck, the instructions, parts lists, and about 60-80 pages of threads here.......I've got alot to learn. Its alot more complicated than my M18's or RC18T although I can see that the truck has great potential. I think it may take alot of $ to make it perform the way I want it to. Already ordered my AON/Tekin ESC combo and Lipo packs. Have a Novak XXL receiver ready for it and am thinking either the Bluebird or Ko (digital) servo.
    The drivetrain on this thing scares me a bit......especially the SLIPPER. ? for you.....What parts do I need to make the slipper perform properly? Already figured I need the Kyosho bearing s for it. What about things like Ti cups, Ti center shafts, Ti, Ti, Ti......are these parts needed? Also why do the Kyosho Ti Suspension shafts cost $45 and the 3R ones $15. Are the K ones that much better? Thanks for all your help......

Trickpatrick Guest

Hey I can help some.
    I havn't seen anything Ti that looks all that great the Ti outdrives dont last.
    The Kyosho stuff is first rate but the the Ti axles which I have seen are not worth it for sure.I have the stock ones still and they are fine and believe me they have been worked hard.
    I would think you should be thinking aluminum steering blocks first.
    I would recomend steel chrome plated outdrives.
    A neopreem black washer from hardware store works well for slipper just make it match the chrome washer and exchange, use a bushing instead of spring and you will be good.
    I would get the delrin gears asap too.
    Stay with 3 racing and Kyosho stuff and you wont have to buy again.
    I think also that the Pitbull chassie will be great on a ST.
    I would strongly suggest not locking up the center diff. It works ok as is just lube with something dry like graphite.

Li-pos and Bl are the way to go it will put a grin on your face big time.

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickpatrick
    Hey I can help some.
    I havn't seen anything Ti that looks all that great the Ti outdrives dont last.
    The Kyosho stuff is first rate but the the Ti axles which I have seen are not worth it for sure.I have the stock ones still and they are fine and believe me they have been worked hard.
    I would think you should be thinking aluminum steering blocks first.
    I would recomend steel chrome plated outdrives.
    A neopreem black washer from hardware store works well for slipper just make it match the chrome washer and exchange, use a bushing instead of spring and you will be good.
    I would get the delrin gears asap too.
    Stay with 3 racing and Kyosho stuff and you wont have to buy again.
    I think also that the Pitbull chassie will be great on a ST.
    I would strongly suggest not locking up the center diff. It works ok as is just lube with something dry like graphite.

Gotcha, So no Ti hinge pins, huh? What about Ti turnbuckles? Who makes steel outdrives? Delrin gears? Graphite for the center diff....do you mean the powder graphite or the spray on dry liquid stuff?

Trickpatrick Guest

Hinge pins and turnbuckels are fine just a little lower on the need list.
    You could never buy those and be fine you wont notice a differance from them but the turnbuckels are nice to have.
    Steel outdrives try toyz on ebay.
    Powder or spray will work for graphite.
    Delrin gears are on the way from Kyosho much stronger material.

...A PitBull chassis tightens everything up nicely...The drivetrain will love you for it...Alloy cups, probably not best to go with Ti cups...The alloy ones just take the beatings better...

...I thought the ST RTR shipped with FULL bearings

...3R does nice Ti center shafts...A stock center diff in a 3R hub will save you headaches...Keep your eye on the announced delrin gears...They will be nice...

...The buckles on the ST are pretty normal but the long ones in the front and rear are now REALLY long...I am using some long 1:10 TAMIYA ones until i can get the correct LUNSFORD RACING buckles...They have a lifetime warranty which just SO jusitfies the expense...

...Dont lock your center...

tulsidas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickpatrick
    Hey I can help some.

Why do you suggest lubing dry graphite only, is there a problem using other grease in center diff?

morati Guest

Default stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...A PitBull chassis tightens everything up nicely...The drivetrain will love you for it...Alloy cups, probably not best to go with Ti cups...The alloy ones just take the beatings better...

...I thought the ST RTR shipped with FULL bearings

...3R does nice Ti center shafts...A stock center diff in a 3R hub will save you headaches...Keep your eye on the announced delrin gears...They will be nice...

...The buckles on the ST are pretty normal but the long ones in the front and rear are now REALLY long...I am using some long 1:10 TAMIYA ones until i can get the correct LUNSFORD RACING buckles...They have a lifetime warranty which just SO jusitfies the expense...

...Dont lock your center...
    Thanks Bit...The new ST comes with full bearings except for the optional slipper bearing which I have just heard, does not work as well with the neoprene washer method. Tried Alloy outdrives in my M18 (350gram car with a 300motor and 6-cells). The car shredded them after awhile and they were high quality XRay outdrives. Guess I'm looking for the steel ones now! Didn't know Lunsford was going to make Buckles for our truck???????????

morati Guest

Quote Originally Posted by morati
    Thanks Bit...The new ST comes with full bearings except for the optional slipper bearing which I have just heard, does not work as well with the neoprene washer method. Tried Alloy outdrives in my M18 (350gram car with a 300motor and 6-cells). The car shredded them after awhile and they were high quality XRay outdrives. Guess I'm looking for the steel ones now! Didn't know Lunsford was going to make Buckles for our truck???????????
    Oh yeah, know where I can get the 3R center shafts? Toys is out as well as 3R?

acsubie Guest

Oh yeah, know where I can get the 3R center shafts? Toys is out as well as 3R?
    i got a barely used set..$11 shipped sound ok>?

...a company here called KYOSHIN, (yet ANOTHER dishevelled KYOSHO employee breaking out on his own) is doing H8 sets under license...They ALL fit except the LONGEST arms on the back...I will get a measurement when i can...I might just get them seperately...They are hell long...

...my slipper doesnt really revolve around the shaft as it is locked so i dont use the bearings...

...sccobs that a good deal on those shafts...Put me second on the list if Morati doesnt grab them...

+ Reply to Thread