+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SP2 arrives today.

DrVonHoSS Guest

Wow Hawk...

I didnt realized you race 1/8th scale. I am looking at the SP2 right now. I have been running the MBX-5 for 2 seasons now (new cars each year). I'd hate to make the switch becuase I have so many back-up parts for my Mugen.

I was aslo thinking of going to the Silver State race.. in Las Vegas.. right? The only big races I will run until summer will be the Inoor Gas Champs and probably 1 Pro Series race. Both races will be in Ohio (about 6hrs away).

What car did you run before this SP2? Please keep me posted about this car.

Hawk Guest

Hey Doc,
    My son and I started a little over a year ago racing a Kanai II, RBc5 (bad start) and had a blast. When the winter indoor opened at Delta RC in Antioch we were hooked. It was 110 miles each way every Saturday until march, then they went to the out door track. OMG, what a track Big with huge jumps, all kinds of elevation changes 90degree turn tabletops and a back straight that was alleged to be an engine killer.
    We went to an MP777 SP1 for the indoor, the KII was an interesting start but drove more like a truck. We have two SP1s now, set one up with big tires and wheels to try out Truggy racing. What a hoot. So now we are going into the Kyosho truggy (ST-s) as soon as it is available.
    We are back indoors and this gives us a chance to work on motor/chassis tuning on a tight technical course. We try everything out and then when the big tracks open in spring we know how things will work. The setup is pretty much ready to be used in serious racing.
    We will travel this year some. I think work will be better for me to get away more. I already have my vacation scheduled for the LasVegas.

MBX5 is a good platform, different, some say it is easier to drive than the K car but is not as fast by a hair. I like it and we have been able to work out any problems with it fairly easily. I have had a couple of friends that switched to MP777 and immediately improved their positions in the A mains.
    I think there are so many really competative cars out there now that it is hard to make a choice. The truth is you can't go wrong no matter which one you choose if you look at the races like the track where you mostly drive and pick a car that finished in the top ten.

BiGRoB21 Guest

maby if i get a few races under my belt b4 the silver state race i may role with adam and have some fun.

i just bought a jammin x1cr pro. it seems to be a very nice car! However i have only been able to run it in the street 1 time to sed up the servos and the brakes. it has been raining quite a bit here but always only seems to be on practice nights so we cant get out there to run my dam car!! i have had the thing for 3 weeks and still havent been able to run it

Hawk Guest

Rob, my heart goes out to you. To have a new car like that and not be able to put it through its paces must be a real drag. I know that I get down when we don't race for a couple of weekends. Like when they change the outdoor to the indoor, I missed 3-4 weekends of racing. It was painful just walking by the stuff in the garage. We have lots of chances to drive outdoors in the private drive or at the sports complex they have dirt. Some how it still isn't racing.
    I can feel my blood pressure come up and I get all jittery when we first get there in the morning and they call open practice. All the motors screaming, dust starts flying and the smell of nitro is just intoxicating. Jump out on the track and let fly. Pretty soon people find other people and little scrimages are taking place all around the track. It is just a natural to some people, no matter where they are, it is race or lose.
    Oh well, that time will come and I am sure you will be happy with what you got, I hear they are an excellent choice, the Jammin.
    You know, my son has been asking about running the H8 no carpet at the lhs nearby. Maybe that would help.
    If you think about it there is always a way to find your fix.

BiGRoB21 Guest

i have been running my half a little, but it isnt the fix im looking for. i havent ben able to run the car yet and im sooo impatient with useing new stuff its unreal.

i did get my mind taken off of it for a few days b/c we bought a house and move in last week soo the couple days of packing from my aunts house and moving into our house was a bit of a distraction.

BiGRoB21 Guest

here are the pics comparing my rc stuff to my clothes, surround sound, helmet (for motocross), and laptop. all after katrina and b4 the move. as you can see i have way more rc stuff lol
    Attached Images        

EphiDelt490 Guest

nice wingtote ...

-Adam

EphiDelt490 Guest

Here's a body I painted up for eBay. If any of you guys want it, I'll end the auction early.

4 color fade in the flames (FasRed, Fasescent Red, FasOrange, FasYellow), oulined in FasBlack
    Rear is Pearlescent Blue
    Accents behind flames are Chameleon Silver/Gold
    Window trim is Pearlescent Gold
    Backed with FasKoat for fuel/scratch resistance.

Ebay Auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6024183670

plain_simple Guest

Is that a proline body? How much you asking for that without the flames on the windows and windshield (thats enough to be out of a race in Europe in case you dont know )
    I tryed to acess to the ebay page and it says its not recognized
    Last edited by plain_simple; 12-21-2005 at 03:04 PM.

plain_simple Guest

Hawk, you gona love the way the sp2 handles, stering is awesome and it jumps like a shuttle and really easy too only not so good thing i find is that it still remains a bit of the upnosed behavior of the sp1 while on air but that can be easily compensated with a lil trigger handling another thing you will find is that on really bumpy race tracks you'll have to downgrade the rear shock oil density a lil bit and thats about it...
    You're set to win!

+ Reply to Thread