+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SP2 arrives today.

BiGRoB21 Guest

that body is a proline. and i dont think he can remove the flames and stuff from the windows? you cant race with a body that has on the windows in europe?

plain_simple Guest

i know he cant remove the paint from the windows, the idea wa to do another one just like that without those lil flames and yes.. you cant race any body in Europe or international events if the windows have anything on it... its on the regulations that windows need to be transparent and respect the original design, unfortunately

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by plain_simple
    Hawk, you gona love the way the sp2 handles, stering is awesome and it jumps like a shuttle and really easy too only not so good thing i find is that it still remains a bit of the upnosed behavior of the sp1 while on air but that can be easily compensated with a lil trigger handling another thing you will find is that on really bumpy race tracks you'll have to downgrade the rear shock oil density a lil bit and thats about it...
    You're set to win!
    Yes, so far this is the SP2 is as good as the SP1 was over the Kanai II. The turn in is not as twitchy. It turns hard but looks and feels very stable. I guess the rear end is planted better even though it rotates very quickly. Jumping seem almost perfect to me. Very adjustable in mid air.
    That was one of the first comments I received on this chassis, a jump taken badly was corrected with ease to a perfect landing instead of a crash.
    It seems to be up in the air a little higher than I want and I will have to work on that, get the CG down a little. The shocks I am looking at some changes there too. I think I will get the chassis to settle down before I try to make that adjustment.
    Another day, another tuning challenge. Good luck and have fun.

EphiDelt490 Guest

Plain it's a Pro-Line CP 2.0. I can paint whatever, you know that . Shoot me an email at: w0230878@selu.edu

-Adam

plain_simple Guest

yeah i do know that Adam
    think is... those are the colours i use... you also know that but like i told Rob i cant race that body in here or in any international event.
    I will shoot you an email as ipost this.

Hawk... up in the air more then you want most times have more to do with the speed that you aproach the jump then lowering the CG but thats my way of seeing it so maybe you're right since i never tried that variable as a way to deal with the problem.. what i usually do is to cut a hairpin of trotthle when the car touches the lip of the jump to keep the car low if thats what i want to happend on a particular jump.. its hard to explain so i hope i was clear enough on this image

Hawk Guest

Plain, yes I understand exactly what you are saying. Yes you are right, that works. But it wasn't just on the jumps, I mean the buggy arms sitting flat have too much down angle. They should be nearly flat or the dog bone flat. I didn't put any spaces on the shocks to raise the body, just the blue springs. It sits too high. Still have to figure out why that is.
    I do think the springs are making it jump higher on the jumps with little throttle at the lip. Just another of those little tuning things I haven't had time to work out. I put everything together so fast I may have forgotten something or addes something.
    Hey, it's all good.

EphiDelt490 Guest

Those SP2 springs are supposed to be stiffer and longer than the blues from the SP1, correct? Will Mugen springs fit the Kyosho? Try the Mugen greys, they work really well on the tracks around here on my Xray. I've got the regular Kyosho blues on my SP1 and they hook up well too.

plain_simple Guest

The down angle is supposed to be like that due to longer springs. You can also tune that up raising the arms by changing the shocks geometry on the arms holes. I'm sure that playing around with the variables will lead you to how you want the car to be.
    Mine is also a bit more down angled then the Sp1 was but i like it a lot and those springs are something else... smooth and hard when needed... i love it

+ Reply to Thread