+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SP2 arrives today.

Hawk Guest

Default SP2 arrives today.

Our MP777 SP2 kit arrives today. I will be a busy bugger as we are racing in a points race tomorrow. Have to be up at 5AM to get the car loaded and off to the track to get there by 8AM for a good table. I guess I will just get everything ready that I can before it gets here, diffs need to be filled, I have battery box and servo setups that I can build before hand. It is great to have spare parts laying around to help in situations like this.

I am so excited that I had to tell somebody. Any way, wish us luck for the racing tomorrow.

BiGRoB21 Guest

good luck with the races tommorrow hawk, but you may be in for a long day getting out there with a new chassis platform to throw out on the track and run.

i bought a jammin x1cr pro a couple weeks back and i still havent been able to run it
    freekin rain

Hawk Guest

I know what you are saying. We aren't looking to take first, just make it to the A main. We run in a pretty tough crowd, several sponsored drivers, many that just do the west coast tour because they love it.
    This is the building time and fun racing over the winter until the Silver State in March.

BiGRoB21 Guest

but its always more fun to win

Hawk Guest

Yeah, we wouldn't go if deep in our hearts we didn't hope to pull a surprise win some day soon. Maybe if the factory guys would all get the same bad bunch of engines and we just happen to do everything right, we could pull it off.
    So we show up everyweek and watch, and try and tune our hearts out hoping that all those Hollywood stories have a sliver of truth and the little guys can win too.
    If you don't have dreams, then things get real boring and the same.

BiGRoB21 Guest

go arround and when they arent looking put chewing gum on the back side of each of their rims. and watch their cars wobble arround lol

Hawk Guest

One nice thing about the factory guys is they will sell their used once stuff at the local races. They come back from nationals and sell 20-30 tire/wheels that have run in one qualifier.

They are pretty nice guys and we all have a lot of fun. One guy comes around once in a while, he showed up for the last big race weekend of the season. He bought a RTR Hyper and made it into the A main with the thing. Broke the engine in during the qualifiers. He was runing in first close to the end and I think he broke. finished about mid pack.
    Kinda humbles you to watch that. You go drop a couple of grand on a new killer car with all the latest tweaks, massage it, tune it and feed it to make it the killer setup and a RTR out of the box kicks you A.

EphiDelt490 Guest

Lol, I know what you mean Hawk. Those guys could drive a Tonka truck to the A, it's what countless hours and years of track time get you (along with skill to begin with, lol). Maybe I'll be able to meet you at the Silver State race, I think a few of us southerners might try and make it this year. I'm looking to travel quite a bit and get some big races under my belt. I love my Xray, but man the Kyosho's are solid performers. The Xray is so setup sensitive, as compared to the Kyosho where one setup will primarily work on just about anything. I'e gotta change all sorts of little things on my XB8 to get it dialed into the track, but with the SP1 it's run and gun. XB8 ends up faster for me but takes me longer to get it accustomed to the track. Best of luck with the racing this weekend Hawk. I'm sure you guys will do well. Rob, hopefully we can get some track time on that Jammin of yours some time soon. This rain is KILLING us!!

This is how I roll ...

-Adam
    Last edited by EphiDelt490; 12-17-2005 at 01:34 AM.

Hawk Guest

Adam, that body is incredible. As you can tell from the body I got from DrV, I love the old style flames and white. You threw in the big drips, looks really kewl.

I had a friend that drove XB8. He loved it and used to kick butt with a OS RG stock motor. It was unreal. He too had a little trouble setting his up if he ran on different tracks. When he got it hooked, though, you really had to work hard to stay with him. He was so smooth and the combo of his drive style and the car was relentless.

Hawk Guest

The SP2 kit arrived in a UPS sleigh at 8pm. Took it into my laboratory and worked till 12:30 am. Went to bed, got up at 4:45am and drove to the track. We were running it on the track by 8am. The thing really hooked up. Willie had to back off the dual rate on the steering, it was biting too hard and leaning into the turns. After the trans. adjustment, things went well until the shock came apart during warm-up for the B main. I grabbed it and slapped it together best I could and made the start.
    We didn't have enough track time to work out all the bugs, when it was on, it was just right, and when it wasn't it was a handfull.

The new longer springs were installed with no spacers. I will be putting the set screws in to set the static height now. It sat up in the air like a praying mantis. I think this is going to be a very good buggy for a while. Lots of potential and I think we are already close to a good setup base.

+ Reply to Thread