+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Prototype Eclipse Chassis

DrVonHoSS Guest

Default New Prototype Eclipse Chassis

I have been working on a new "brushed" motor only graphite chassis. I didn't have much luck with my AON/MAMBA combo... it was very fast with crazy runtimes.. but I was disappointed with the throttle response.. it was too unpredictable.

I still have 6 original Eclipse chassis's ready to ship. I could have used one of those chassis's with a brushed motor but I wanted cut-outs for saddle packs.

On a side note: I was in a hurry to get to the machine shop this evening.. I threw a 7 cell saddle pack battery in my jacket pocket while I was packing up to leave the house.. then I threw my car keys in the same pocket.. suddenly I started feeling very warm.. sure enough.. the old fire in the pocket trick. Not cool.. brand new battery pack ruined!! And so is my jacket!! I guess it could have been worse.. at least it didnt explode.

I have no idea if we will be producing this chassis. The original Eclipse chassis is great and will suit the needs of most racers. I just wanted something that would accommodate my desire for saddle packs.

Anyone interested in an Eclipse chassis.. email me at drvonhoss@aol.com.

And I would like to mention... breaking one of these chassis would be near impossible. As long as you don't play "chicken" with a steamroller everything will be fine. The chassis will out-last the car 10 times over.

Heres a pic...

Last edited by DrVonHoSS; 12-03-2005 at 03:09 AM.

DrVonHoSS Guest

I was at the machine shop today and we were discussing the possiblility of producing this 7 cell brushed motor only chassis. Is there any interest for such a thing?

I absolutely love mine!!!.. but.. what I run and what everyone else runs could be totally different. On the track I race at (check Local Track - this prototype chassis is PERFECT!

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also.. anyone have any ideas for new HALF 8 products that are not already made?

urbansub Guest

Talking

hoss whats up wheres little john? LOL jk
    anyway that is a really nice chassis desighn and id be intrested in one i just cant put the funds forward at hte time being. anyhow if its only goin to be brushed will it be drilled for servo mts? will battery straps and posts be included? will the stock upper rear deck be reusable? or will the top deck in the picture be an option? sorry w/ the questions but that chassis is the one id go with when i can divert funds into the car(just dropped 2 much cash on hop-ups) anyway your products are awsome and ever forward thinking is much appreciated.

MBX-5 Guy Guest

How is the performance with your current setup? I have a Tekin Rage ESC, and will be getting an AON motor soon. However, I don't have any packs yet. I'm not too thrilled at the thought of building those funky 8 cell packs, but building 7 cell packs like yours would be cake. Also, I'm dating a girl that works for a battery company, so I can get 2/3A GP1100's for cheap, thus another reason I'd like to build packs like yours. Does only having 7 cells instead of 8 hurt performance much? Cogging issues, if any? Flex problems with the chassis? How about chassis balance, from left to right. Seems the extra cell on the servo side would help balance things out. Also, will the chassis be slotted for the cells, like a pan car chassis? Have you ever considered an o-ring battery retention system like you'd find on a CRC Carpet Knife? OK, enough harrassment for now.

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by urbansub
    hoss whats up wheres little john? LOL jk
    anyway that is a really nice chassis desighn and id be intrested in one i just cant put the funds forward at hte time being. anyhow if its only goin to be brushed will it be drilled for servo mts? will battery straps and posts be included? will the stock upper rear deck be reusable? or will the top deck in the picture be an option? sorry w/ the questions but that chassis is the one id go with when i can divert funds into the car(just dropped 2 much cash on hop-ups) anyway your products are awsome and ever forward thinking is much appreciated.

ok.. thats a lot of questions..

it will not be drilled for servo mounts... but will include battery mounts. sevro tape works great.. i can't believe how many people dont use it....it works on carbon fiber!

The stock upper deck will be reusable. The upper deck pictured is an option and will be "out of stock" for at least a couple weeks. I sold the last one last night to someone in the UK.

We have a couple slightly less than perfect chassis for $60 shipped.. you could save a few bucks and never know the difference.. they could almost pass for perfect.

...That looks REALLY nice Hoss...LOVE he quality and the slek look of your parts, especially those battery tie downs...NOICE!! Nice layout too...Very well done...

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...That looks REALLY nice Hoss...LOVE he quality and the slek look of your parts, especially those battery tie downs...NOICE!! Nice layout too...Very well done...

Thanks Bit...

I just have to make sure I beat all the Vendettas tomorrow. If not.. I may be making Vendetta chassis's soon.

neo Guest

Well, this could be the answers to my prayers, as much as I liked the other chassis you made, i was unsure as to wether my brushed setup would work. Although my brushless setup now looks very similar to your brushed setup in the pic(as im using URC X42's).
    I would defo be interested in the chassis,battery plates/posts and the upper top decks the the Spektrum RX is sitting on.

Whats the price for the total package?

mat3833 Guest

oh, hoss i spent the money on a new receiver and mamba link..... srry i went to the hobby shop to look around and they tricked me into it!! i swear ! but the good thing is now my glitching is gone i got a novax xxtra, that was a big dent in the $ but well worth it. i hope to have the money for an original eclipse around christmas.

Matt

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mat3833
    oh, hoss i spent the money on a new receiver and mamba link..... srry i went to the hobby shop to look around and they tricked me into it!! i swear ! but the good thing is now my glitching is gone i got a novax xxtra, that was a big dent in the $ but well worth it. i hope to have the money for an original eclipse around christmas.

Matt

Well.. the Eclipse chassis would improve your cars performance.. but.. glitching will ruin any benifit the chassis may have given you. I'd say you made a wise choice.

+ Reply to Thread