+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba 8000kv tested!

MonoTuning Guest

Default Mamba 8000kv tested!

We ran the car in a indoor track in HongKong. Rather small track
    Run time about 15mins.
    Need to use RC18T pinion on the motor because the hole on the kyosho pinion is bigger.
    The motor got a little hot but was ok, we then added a heatsink..
    We had a great time with the system.

One more thing, the front dog bones pop out very easy, locking the steering..

...ok...20 questions...controllable? Loose? Tight? Sexy in jeans? Reactions from lookers-on? Did it stay straight? Any other damage? The Mamba fit ok? Hows the weight? What will you eat for breakfast in the morning...

MonoTuning Guest

Hi Bit!
    The car is very stable and the speed was pretty good too, the car has optional oil shocks, thats a plus.
    Yes, people were surprise because only running 6cells, its already so much faster than stock motor with 8 cells.

The slippery clutch was slipping though, even turning almost all the way in. Trying to find a way to limit the slip.

hkopium Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MonoTuning
    Hi Bit!
    The car is very stable and the speed was pretty good too, the car has optional oil shocks, thats a plus.
    Yes, people were surprise because only running 6cells, its already so much faster than stock motor with 8 cells.

The slippery clutch was slipping though, even turning almost all the way in. Trying to find a way to limit the slip.

Slippery clutch = diff?

Slipping = will be damaged?

How much and where to buy the Mamba 8000 in HK?

MonoTuning Guest

Hi hkopium, the slippery clutch is the unit in the center, the top part where there is a nut you can tighten or loosen.

No, there wouldn't be any damage but it will make the car response slower to throttle input and the motor will get hotter.

You can go to Kwong Wa street to ask around, some of the shops have it already. The price is same as US street price.

But you have to use RC18T pinion gear, try 10teeth first ,part# is 21152.

You can send me private message if you have any questions.

ruknd Guest

are there CVD's in teh works?

for diff tuning I crank teh slipper down...thn withon ehand on one wheel and the tx base on the other I give it gas..tighten the diff till it doesn't slip. I then loosen the slipper till it lets the front of the car off the ground about 4 inches or so. If the slipper slipps still try a bit of sand paper to roughen it up a bit

RURC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ruknd
    are there CVD's in teh works?

for diff tuning I crank teh slipper down...thn withon ehand on one wheel and the tx base on the other I give it gas..tighten the diff till it doesn't slip. I then loosen the slipper till it lets the front of the car off the ground about 4 inches or so. If the slipper slipps still try a bit of sand paper to roughen it up a bit
    4 inches (101.6 mm)? Why do you adjust it so tight? That seems a bit high to me. I adjust my B4 to about 1 1/2 inches (38.1 mm). I have been setting mine to 1 inch (25.4 mm). This has proven very strong and clean with little heat build up on the motor.

BL guys get the heat sink. I said it before and I really mean it. GET THE HEAT SINK. I have had the 5400 6800 and the 8000 rather quickly reach terminal temps. With the heatsink I have not had a problem. This is in the Florida outside heat.

Dont for get the Losi Nationals are here in Tampa this weekend. Gonna flip some lids with this thing I hope.

ruknd Guest

i find that 3-4 incles works well with a stock motor...especiall of the larger doubles. then again I have moved to a skipgear thruster on my MF2 and BK2 and tend to run my slipper a bit tight

RURC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ruknd
    i find that 3-4 incles works well with a stock motor...especiall of the larger doubles. then again I have moved to a skipgear thruster on my MF2 and BK2 and tend to run my slipper a bit tight

Sounds reasonable. I am running BL motors. I will need information on the SKIPGEAR thruster. Please send me information on that.

ruknd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RURC
    Sounds reasonable. I am running BL motors. I will need information on the SKIPGEAR thruster. Please send me information on that.
    www.skipgear.com unfortunately he tends to specialize in Losi parts. I'd like to find one for the B4 though...

+ Reply to Thread