+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PitBull Chassis

pointcrossed Guest

Why all aluminum???

Sorry knowing its a simple design, could'nt they just make a scale down version of the Inferno Chassis with the plastic side plates but with extra alum space in the rear to hold the battery, just a thought...

No hole under the motor is a good thing....

pimpsmurf Guest

You can't buy an electric toothbrush in Cali without reading a sticker that says "You might get cancer from this"... Exactly what I like to read right before I put something in my mouth.

That looks fantastic Bithed. I can't wait to see the new pictures!

-JNY

Quote Originally Posted by pointcrossed
    Why all aluminum???

Sorry knowing its a simple design, could'nt they just make a scale down version of the Inferno Chassis with the plastic side plates but with extra alum space in the rear to hold the battery, just a thought...

No hole under the motor is a good thing....
    ...Point we went with what we know best and what was proven to work...Right now we dont have the time, materials or knowledge to put something like that together...We HAVE looked at the twin-material chassis, and later on maybe, but right now we went with the Full Metal Jacket...

...We gave the sides a nice subtle lip; both for protection and to enable some more battery mounting options, plus we get the nice added benefit of even LESS flex...

...W have decided to say YES to the front kick-up...We get to keep the better off-road characteristics it provides, plus it is one of the inherent qualities of alloy...Its something that will be a little different to a flat version...

...And YES we also left the chassis whole UNDER the motors...We want the heat to go and the dust and crap to stay out, so basically the WHOLE chassis is just one big heat-sink Kinda cool; LITERALLY!!

...In essence the PitBull has been constructed for the coming ST...Big power, big batteries, BIG JUMPS It definately aint no Oscar Meier Weenie...It exists for the basher, (or the generally crappy driver; like me) and to stand up to the rigors of the TRUCK version...Which is why we say it may not be everyone's cup of tea...But we wanted one, so we made one...It works, looks good and does its job without comlpaining...Kinda of like a Japanese secretary in knee high stockings

pimpsmurf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    It works, looks good and does its job without comlpaining...Kinda of like a Japanese secretary in knee high stockings
    Man I hadn't thought about knee-highs all day... Thanks!

-JNY

bcuzau Guest

...We gave the sides a nice subtle lip; both for protection and to enable some more battery mounting options, plus we get the nice added benefit of even LESS flex...

...W have decided to say YES to the front kick-up...We get to keep the better off-road characteristics it provides, plus it is one of the inherent qualities of alloy...Its something that will be a little different to a flat version...
    The lip is a good idea, but having that slot at the bend of the lip will not make the chassis more rigid.. Will the final version be slotted as well?

how much kick-up where you guys thinkin' of?

looking good.

...Production PitBull WILL be slotted and the kick-up will be pretty much same as stock...

bcuzau Guest

ic .. atleast it'll make bending/forming the "lip" easier ..

mat3833 Guest

hey bit save the stockings for the proper forum . i missed alot since iv been gone. had to do the whole drive oh and do you have a price on the chassis yet??

Matt

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pimpsmurf
    Man I hadn't thought about knee-highs all day... Thanks!

-JNY

Yah.. no kidding. The thought of Japanesse girls in plaid mini skirts are racing thru my head now.. I think we should all take a "field trip" to Bitheds house!

Anyways... K-Factory makes a sweet chassis for the MBX-5.. check this out..
    MBX-5 Chassis

I would love to see something like this for the HALF8. Bithed.. you think you could get me a good price on that MBX-5 chassis's from Panic Toys? I don't need one.. but definetly want one!!

I didn't race tonight because my HALF 8 is still in a million peices (converting it to brushed motor and designing a new chassis for a "brushed only" set-up)... but I did see a lot of Vendettas and Mini LST's. The micro scene is definetly heating up around here! I didn't stick around long enough to see the Vendettas run.. but I'm sure the HALF8's whooped all over them. I'll find out the results tomorrow. The Vendetta had a few good points ie: the diffs.. but it looks like a POS compared to the HALF 8 in my opinion... but lap times tell it all.. so we'll see.

When I was looking at a Mini LST I found another money maker. The bottom of the LST has 3 aluminum chassis plate parts.. making those parts in lite weight carbon fiber would be cool.

Does CAW do any work with carbon fiber?
    Last edited by DrVonHoSS; 11-27-2005 at 02:11 AM.

pointcrossed Guest

...It works, looks good and does its job without comlpaining...Kinda of like a Japanese secretary in knee high stockings
    Very nice, oh yeah, so is the chassis...

BTW just came back from champ, you know where I had to go to get there, if I drove, I would be bringing home more than a servo, need I say more ...

+ Reply to Thread