+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eclipse Graphite Chassis

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK444
    Will the price eventually go down?
    It depends, if they turn out to be really good, they price will go up with demand. If they turn out to be umm not so good, you could probably pick one up for next to nothing.

Hey, just kidding. If this gets to be hot, I am sure they could crank out more faster at less cost. Depends on when the Mecedes payment is due.

Quote Originally Posted by DrVonHoSS
    Yah.. I'd say Kyosho over-engineered the original chassis... it didnt need to be so complicated.
    ...I wouldnt say they over-engineered it..They just shifted EVERYTHING from the 1:8, which works like a charm, and downsized it...THATS what creates the overkill IMO...and I have this funny feeling that if they had spent the time on 'refining' the 1:8 components to the 1:16 platform then we wouldnt have HALF the problems we do...Not that we have that many anyway...

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...I wouldnt say they over-engineered it..They just shifted EVERYTHING from the 1:8, which works like a charm, and downsized it...THATS what creates the overkill IMO...and I have this funny feeling that if they had spent the time on 'refining' the 1:8 components to the 1:16 platform then we wouldnt have HALF the problems we do...Not that we have that many anyway...
    'xactly.
    But for their side, they tapped an already savy and loyal market, they brought it to market quickly and at the price point they needed. Sometimes they have to make money on what they are doing.

...some of the hard core users are doing some scary stuff on the MOD front...There is some great stuff out there...and even more coming...Its almost like WE are re-engineering it to fit the 'scale'...eliminating and adding where its needed...Its kinda cool to be on the front line...I am having a ball...But in ALL honesty I personally CANT WAIT for the ST...This chassis is just one more thing that will make this platform essentially bomb-proof....

...Hoss do you have some pictures of the top plates you will be doing? I have either missed them, lost them or just plain ignored them...Give me a clue

Hawk Guest

BitHed, wash the blood off and take a picture of the one you made. And include the lightening holes you put in your thumb too.

...DONE Introducing, especially for me and my NEW ST...The STiffy

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    It depends, if they turn out to be really good, they price will go up with demand. If they turn out to be umm not so good, you could probably pick one up for next to nothing.

Hey, just kidding. If this gets to be hot, I am sure they could crank out more faster at less cost. Depends on when the Mecedes payment is due.
    Perfect Answer!

I doubt the price will either increase or decrease. The only thing that will change is the wait time. The machine shop charges me $60 a chassis, I tack on $10 for my time (and for designing it), and $5 for shipping. The only thing that may change is anodized aluminum parts in various colors.

Custom airbrushing is what I do for extra RC cash.. its a lot more profitable and enjoyable. I decided to have these chassis's "mass produced" because I wanted to make them available to the local racers I will be racing against this winter... I didnt want to be accused of having an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...Hoss do you have some pictures of the top plates you will be doing? I have either missed them, lost them or just plain ignored them...Give me a clue

Bit.. here are a couple pics. This is the upper deck from my car. The finished product may vary slightly and all aluminum parts will have a brushed aluminum finish.. not purple.
    Last edited by DrVonHoSS; 11-07-2005 at 02:02 AM.

DrVonHoSS Guest

gulfclk Guest

Great work, I like people who know what they design. I made mine in the same way, fibre orientation makes the difference!

Great job ... glad to see more people know what CF and the technologie behind it is all about.

I'm supprised though you could keep the cost that low. I made 4 chassis as well, machine shop was for free, but the CF was expensive. I used 2 outer layers of 93 gr/mē plain whichs costs here almost 120 USD/mē ...

Great job ... hope you have more nice work coming ....

plain_simple Guest

Yeah... that surely looks good.. that upper deck has all that is needed and not even an inch of material is used when its not needed

+ Reply to Thread