+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: New Eclipse Graphite Chassis

...wise choice on 3mm Hoss The world loves 3mm

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deoding
    So you replace all 2.6mm stock screws with 3mm screws? If so, I guess the 3mm screw may squeeze into the holes in plastic parts, but how about those aluminum hop up parts? They were designed for 2.6mm, right? Will they fit your 3mm screw chassis.

Another question, is 4-40 screw equivalent to 2.6mm stock? Will it be a little lose, since 4/40 inch =2.45mm?

Thanks.

deoding

ahhh.. sorry for the confusion.

The prior batches of Eclipse chassis's used 4-40 screws for the motor sub mount. The next batch will be 3mm and are included. You would use all the original screws that come with the buggy.. no need to change. The 3mm screws I was refering to only apply to the motor sub mount.

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...wise choice on 3mm Hoss The world loves 3mm
    Bit!! Where have you been??!??!

I live in the US and we use the "standard" method for measuring.. but I prefer metric personally.

deoding Guest

Thanks for pointing out.

DrVonHoSS Guest

Well.. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that the new machine shop has all the materials to produce 9 chassis's.

The bad news is that they will take approximately 3-4 weeks to complete. I am hoping it is much sooner.

At this time I will accept pre-orders. This is how this will work. The total price is $89 plus $4 shipping to anywhere in the world. Anyone who is interested should send an email to drvonhoss@aol.com requesting a paypal invoice. The cost to be added to the list is $20. Once the chassis's are completed you will receive another invoice for $73. At that time the chassis's will be shipped out. If for some reason I am unable to produce the chassis's within 5 weeks the $20 deposit will be refunded.

3 chassis's are already spoken for.. so that leaves 6 available. Once this batch is complete I will definitely consider having another 18 made. It all depends on demand.

I honestly had no intentions of having more Eclipse Chassis's made.. but since I get at least one email a day from someone requesting a chassis.. I feel I owe it to the HALF-8 guys to have more made. Due to the high cost of quality carbon fiber and machine shop time.. I'm still barely making any money. I am doing this because I believe the Eclipse Chassis is the best and racers looking to "max out" the performance of their buggy deserve this chassis.

If you are new to the whole Eclipse Chassis thing please read my original post.

DrVonHoSS Guest

Almost sold-out! Reserve one before it's too late.

This will be the last batch produced. I am gearing up for the new Losi 1/8th scale buggy.

habitforming Guest

If anyone out there is currently using this chassis for bashing, how is it's durability? Any casualties?

I'd hate to spend $90 on a chassis only to break it on the first bad landing

DrVonHoSS: Please don't take this as a stab at your product. It definately looks top-notch and I'm very tempted. I just tend to be a little hard on things from time to time, and I want to make sure I'm not throwing away $93.

EDIT: I have another question: Would you sell any chassis without the top plate, or better, with a blank piece of carbon so I can make my own? I would prefer to have one that runs the length of the body and adds strength, rather than just a pedestal for the electronics.
    Last edited by habitforming; 06-02-2006 at 10:04 PM.

mat3833 Guest

dude you dont have to worry about breaking it. ive launched my H8 off of a 4 foot kicker with a 18 ft gap to the landing and cased it. all that happened was a thud and a little hop. if you break it you have some serious issues! you want to but one.

Matt

DrVonHoSS Guest

I would have to agree with Matt.. I'm pretty sure your HALF-8 could get run over by a dump truck and the Eclipse chassis would survive.

Its super strong and lightweight. We do not use cheap carbon fiber.. only the best is used. This chassis was designed for racing... but I'm sure it can take any type of bashing you throw at it. If anyone has broken an Eclipse chassis.. please speak now... I don't even think its possible.

The chassis does not come with an uppper deck. You can reuse the original setup with a little drilling. Remember.. this chassis isn't for someone with 10 thumbs.. it is designed to allow the user to setup their HALF-8 the way they want to set it up.. the options are endless.

They should be ready in 2 weeks, and I have 2 that have not been spoken for.

mat3833 Guest

hey hoss, have you ever made a top plate that goes front to back?? thats what i want right now. do you have any 1.5 mm carbon sheet?? i could pay you to lay it out on the sheet and send it to me so i can cut it out.

Matt

Migs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mat3833
    hey hoss, have you ever made a top plate that goes front to back?? thats what i want right now. do you have any 1.5 mm carbon sheet?? i could pay you to lay it out on the sheet and send it to me so i can cut it out.

Matt
    I'd be interested in something like that as well.... you read my mind

+ Reply to Thread