+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Eclipse Graphite Chassis

Hybrid View

DrVonHoSS Guest

Default New Eclipse Graphite Chassis

The first batch of chassis's are done!

The chassis will allow the motor to be located in the stock position or rotated 180 degrees and be mounted towards the rear of the car (as in the photos). This is only advantageous to people using a brushless motor due to the fact that the motor will need to spin in the opposite direction. Most brushed motors have advanced timing "built in" and are not designed to run in the opposite direction.

The chassis will include a CNC milled aluminum motor "sub mount". This allows the bottom of chassis to be totally flat with ALL screws countersunk without sacrificing strength. The graphite used is super high quality QUASI-ISOTROPIC 2.5mm and was made in USA, the chassis was designed and will be built in the USA.

The upper deck and servo/personal transponder mounts will be option parts. Depending on chassis layout some people may not need an upper deck and the servo mount is nice but not 100% needed. Velcro battery mounts will also be available and custom made to the users battery type/size.

3Racing may make some great aluminum aftermarket parts.. but I guarantee they will not produce a better chassis.

The chassis will carry the name "Eclipse" and were designed for high end racers.. if you are 12 years old and just bashing around the yard this chassis may not be for you.. but if you are an experienced racer and are good with setting up a buggy.. this is the chassis you've been waiting for!

Price will be determined within the next 2 days (same with new photos). If you do not agree this chassis is the best your money will be refunded (only if the chassis was never used and in new condition within 7 days). To reserve a chassis send an email to: drvonhoss@aol.com

Only 6 chassis's were produced today and 3 are already sold (even though the buyers don't know the exact price). I assume the chassis will cost between $50 to $90 but I don't have an exact cost at this time (still waiting for the bill from the machine shop). We are not planning on making tons of cash by selling chassis's.. we are doing this to help other 1/8th scale buggy racers acheive the performance level they are looking for with the HALF8. I plan to work very closely with buyers to help them reach there racing goals and destroy the competition.

Update (11-6-05)

Five chassis's have sold and there is 1 chassis left. The price is $75 shipped and includes the main chassis and motor "sub mount". The upper deck kits should be ready by the end of the week and will be $30 shipped.

The weight of the stock chassis is 66 grams stripped, or, 96 grams with all the plastic (battery mounts, ect.). This graphite chassis weights 66 grams and eliminates all the plastic.

I see that others have started producing chassis's and I'm sure they are great.. but.. when choosing a chassis ask yourself these questions:

-Are the screws on the bottom side of the chassis countersinked?

-What method was used to countersink the motor mount and still allow motor adjustments?

-What quality carbon fiber was used?

-Was the chassis produced on a CNC mill or router?

-Does the chassis allow the user to reverse the center differential?

Here are the latest pics..

plain_simple Guest

Awesome looks and great presentation on the carbon fiber Hoss... you said you would do things the way it should be and you did! Congrats! Very well done!

...Hey Hoss Please disregard my former post about NOT wanting one...Hawk talked me into it and arrangements have been made between you...I am now SUPREMO excited about making this chassis THE chassis for the ST Besides...you need at least ONE basher on the team

EDIT: WOW!!! That many gone already? They are selling faster than it took you to make this initial post!!

Hawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BitHed
    ...Hey Hoss Please disregard my former post about NOT wanting one...Hawk talked me into it and arrangements have been made between you...I am now SUPREMO excited about making this chassis THE chassis for the ST Besides...you need at least ONE basher on the team

EDIT: WOW!!! That many gone already? They are selling faster than it took you to make this initial post!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrVonnHoSS
    if you are 12 years old and just bashing around the yard this chassis may not be for you.. but if you are an experienced racer and are good with setting up a buggy.. this is the chassis you've been waiting for!
    Bit, I don't think you are 12 years old anyway. The rest, who can say. lol

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

Nice chassis hoss. I will look forward to seeing some reviews. Might have to run two chassis, yours for li-po and CFR for nimh....

DrVonHoSS Guest

LOL.. almost! A couple local guys fitted these new chassis on there cars and the reviews have been great.

I may ditch my "old" chassis in favor of these new ones.. the quality is a lot better thanks to the CNC.

And to all the people on halfEIGHT.com.. Thanks for the kind words.

The people on this site are a lot cooler than at one18th.
    Last edited by DrVonHoSS; 11-06-2005 at 10:31 PM.

...What amazes me is how FEW holes there are I will get Hawk to make sure that everything fits

DrVonHoSS Guest

...What amazes me is how FEW holes there are I will get Hawk to make sure that everything fits
    Yah.. I'd say Kyosho over-engineered the original chassis... it didnt need to be so complicated.

DrVonHoSS Guest

OK.. the 6 chassis are sold!

That was quick.

I will post when there are more available.. hopefully by the beginning of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DrVonHoSS
    Yah.. I'd say Kyosho over-engineered the original chassis... it didnt need to be so complicated.
    ...I wouldnt say they over-engineered it..They just shifted EVERYTHING from the 1:8, which works like a charm, and downsized it...THATS what creates the overkill IMO...and I have this funny feeling that if they had spent the time on 'refining' the 1:8 components to the 1:16 platform then we wouldnt have HALF the problems we do...Not that we have that many anyway...

+ Reply to Thread