+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mini LST vs Mini Inferno ST ?

madgti Guest

Default Mini LST vs Mini Inferno ST ?

I am a new member here and i hope this subject hasn't been beaten to death but i have a few questions.

I know non of these trucks are in stores yet atleast not here but incase they are out somehwere other then Canada i was wondering if anyone can chime in. I am looking for the better Mini Truck for speed/handling/aftermarket support and cost.

How does the Mini LST ( with dual brushless mamba motors )compare in top speed/handling to the Mini Inferno ST (single burshless motor)? Is the cost even worth it to 2 run 2 brushless motor on a Mini LST or will the Mini LST with one brushless 540 be faster over all compared to a Mini Inferno ST with one brushless motor?

Any inside information how the 2 trucks handle? I believe the Mini Inferno ST is slightly bigger so i assume it will handle better. Would it be safe to assume the aftermarket support on either vehicle is great.

Final question. Is it safe to say these 2 mini Trucks would be the top 2 in mini Trucks?

As it stand from my perspective the Mini LST looks to be more expensive since it will require 2 motors but assuming i can run one brushless 540 would it be a better alternative over the Mini Inferno ST ? Also the Stadium truck looks to have fewer parts to replace if anything breaks.

I will be using the mini trucks for bashing and racing with locals nothing heavy but having something durable and competitive in speed thorughout the power band with great handling would be a bonus.

I hope someone with inside information or have compared both trucks can chime in.

pimpsmurf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by madgti
    I am a new member here and i hope this subject hasn't been beaten to death but i have a few questions.
    shoot! =)

I know non of these trucks are in stores yet atleast not here but incase they are out somehwere other then Canada i was wondering if anyone can chime in. I am looking for the better Mini Truck for speed/handling/aftermarket support and cost.
    Just between these two? hehe. rc18t or rc18mt are pretty fantastic for AWD, and the losi is a cheap way to go 2wd and really really really fast with a mamba

How does the Mini LST ( with dual brushless mamba motors )compare in top speed/handling to the Mini Inferno ST (single burshless motor)? Is the cost even worth it to 2 run 2 brushless motor on a Mini LST or will the Mini LST with one brushless 540 be faster over all compared to a Mini Inferno ST with one brushless motor?
    Dual brushless? I don't know that is possible with a mamba ESC. I believe you would need a high-end (much larger, more expensive, etc) ESC. 1 larger brushless motor is probably the way to go on the Mini LST. Perhaps an Aon, hyperion, mini AC, or such. A Warp4 would be decent on a 3 cell lipo and a high pinion gear, but still not be extremely fast, although torque out the ying.
    They don't take 540 motors. The MiniLST has 2 370 size motors I believe.

The mini inferno ST is going to be a stadium truck which is not the same as a monster. It will have a lower center of gravity, ride height, smaller wheels, and be faster (top speed and accelleration.)

Any inside information how the 2 trucks handle? I believe the Mini Inferno ST is slightly bigger so i assume it will handle better. Would it be safe to assume the aftermarket support on either vehicle is great.
    I believe they will be virtually the same size, but a little website reading will confirm. The LST will be taller obviously.

Final question. Is it safe to say these 2 mini Trucks would be the top 2 in mini Trucks?
    Being that they are both different trucks, and the compete with the rc18t/mt truck, I believe that is a loaded question. I think the MiniLST will outperform the rc18mt overall, and the Mini Inferno ST will be slower than the rc18t (although bigger and heavier with oil-filled diffs which are awsome), but will probably be a better investment than a rc18t. It all depends on what you want. If you want to race, you should probably find out if they race this size near you, what kind of track (dirt offroad? wood offroad? indoor/outdoor?) Then read the specs on the various company websites and ask more questions.

As it stand from my perspective the Mini LST looks to be more expensive since it will require 2 motors but assuming i can run one brushless 540 would it be a better alternative over the Mini Inferno ST ? Also the Stadium truck looks to have fewer parts to replace if anything breaks.
    Don't be confused about the number of parts. less parts to break doesn't mean less parts breaking

I will be using the mini trucks for bashing and racing with locals nothing heavy but having something durable and competitive in speed thorughout the power band with great handling would be a bonus.
    Wow. sounds like you want a mclaren with truck tires.

I hope someone with inside information or have compared both trucks can chime in.
    Since neither are out, I'll wait along with you, although I'm not really in the market. My friend pre-ordered the LST, but it's going to be a little while until he gets it. He is probably going to stay with brush motors and just upgrade the crap out of them. It looks like a fantastic truck, but my buggy should out-class it bar-none.

-JNY

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

Nobody has compared both trucks because both are not out yet.

bermbuster Guest

I held the kyosho in my hand and inspected it. The quality and engineering is real good. Neither truck will be cheap. They both will retail right around $200. Since they are new hop ups will be sort of expensive......the Kyosho will not need much. It is coming pretty much loaded.....I know I want one......

...Different beasts...The ST will be lower and the LST chunkier...By the time the ST arrives we will all have pretty much dialed in our machines and we will know what does and doesnt work...The ST with an AON and 8-10 cells with its funky diffs and oil shox will be super-duper downright nasty In SUCH a good way...The LST I cant vouch for but unfortunately here in Japan it will be an import and therefore quite expensive...But even from a VERY layman's point of view, I would vote ST over LST

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

MLST will be 150$

...FYI PanicToys will be doing the H8 ST for 200 USD PLUS EMS shipping...Looking at between 25-30 USD for shipping...I WONT be doing the LST...

QuickEight Guest

Default H8 ST release

Is there any news or updates on when the H8 ST is going to be released on the unsuspecting public?

...KYOSHO Japan is saying December, the 1:8 ST is December 3 but no DATE for the H8 ST...KYOSHO America says January (6?)...the Japanese release MIGHT also be shifted to January...Thats all i have right now...

mOOsE Guest

I got my mini-lst on the way...should be a few days before it shows up but I can hardly contain myself.....
    The obvious solution to this problem is to get both and pat yourself on the back as you have increased your debt by 200 bones. The person that dies with the most wins right?

+ Reply to Thread