+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A few questions..Regarding 777 Sp1

Thomas P Guest

Yepp..thats the way to go...starting @ my local BMX track..."now this is fun"..next stop ..Offroad track :P...this is it..

Ts the best deal i ever done .. think :P
    Last edited by Thomas P; 11-04-2005 at 07:05 PM.

EphiDelt490 Guest

Definitely! Car looks good. Definitely a racers car, look how the anodizing has come off the wheel nuts from being taken on and off so many times to change wheels . You'll definitely be happy with the trade Thomas!

-Adam

Thomas P Guest

Thx a lot guys...this is what i wanted to hear ..I cant w8 to get this car running..maybe this weekend :P

Hawk Guest

Couple of things. The driver was pretty good, the stock front shock towers are straight as an arrow. That is a good sign. If you spend a lot of time upside down, those towers take a large amount of punishment. Looks good, well maintained.
    One question though, on the rear shocks, you have a lot of preload. This is going to put the back of the car higher than the front and make it a bit of a handfull to handle on turnin. The rear arms should be nearly level with everything on board, ready to run if you drop it on a flat level space. The front bones(axles) should be level. If the springs are sagging, replace them, you need them to be in good shape. They don't look sagged because they are bulging around the shock near the bottom.
    If the backend is hitting on jumps, that is part normal and part can be tuned out. Try different shock pistons in the back, 1.3s a a little heavier shock fluid. I think with the rear that high at setdown, it is going to hop around a lot and be less control able, the shocks won't have much play to handle upward movement.
    Just a thought.
    I like the cars dirty better than the clean ones. Just my perversion I guess.

Thomas P Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Couple of things. The driver was pretty good, the stock front shock towers are straight as an arrow. That is a good sign. If you spend a lot of time upside down, those towers take a large amount of punishment. Looks good, well maintained.
    One question though, on the rear shocks, you have a lot of preload. This is going to put the back of the car higher than the front and make it a bit of a handfull to handle on turnin. The rear arms should be nearly level with everything on board, ready to run if you drop it on a flat level space. The front bones(axles) should be level. If the springs are sagging, replace them, you need them to be in good shape. They don't look sagged because they are bulging around the shock near the bottom.
    If the backend is hitting on jumps, that is part normal and part can be tuned out. Try different shock pistons in the back, 1.3s a a little heavier shock fluid. I think with the rear that high at setdown, it is going to hop around a lot and be less control able, the shocks won't have much play to handle upward movement.
    Just a thought. :
    Thx Hawk for that tip, i will check it out, and since im totaly new on offroad, i have to test everything, but im gonna change the preload ASAP

Yes the erlier owner onl had it fo approx 9 month,and only running @ home

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I like the cars dirty better than the clean ones. Just my perversion I guess.
    Pssst, me to BUT i would like to see it once before il running it over the edge int to the land of dirt and mud

Thomas P Guest

Default Sorry for this bump

Hmmm, i was planing to do a test start today, but, my starter didnt wan to play ..i have 2 "longer" 540 size engines, runging with 12v a lot of A...BUT its a used starter, but one of the engines died worked for 20 sec..the other still goes..installed a old K-speed fried that sucker ..

In the local (dont know the word,but you can buy , tools,machines,electrik stuff, building equipment etc) they have 540 engines but only 6V, 2 of these must be working? tried one of those erlier in a tire truer, and one hell strong motor.. What ya think ?

http://www.clasohlson.se/shop/store/...N0q112q518q521

plain_simple Guest

I'm not that good on that since i never had any problems with starters and i always carry a spare motors set with me and i dont recall if they are 6 or 12V but my guess is that it will work if you connect them on serie.
    Worse scenario is.. connect 4 of them through a spur gear.
    Now... that would be wild! eheheheh

Thomas P Guest

Damn i do luuuv that sound of the motor..it did start so easy if you do the right thin ...Did a testrun at the paringlot...nw its raining almost everyday ..and working so long days,that i cant drive anything cuz the dark

plain_simple Guest

I got an idea for you... spend 150 on a plane ticket and come ride with us!
    Sometimes its great to live in Europe's California lol

EphiDelt490 Guest

I'd be there in a heartbeat if I had the cash . Euro tracks are some of the most badass layouts I've ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread