+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A few questions..Regarding 777 Sp1

Thomas P Guest

Default A few questions..Regarding 777 Sp1

Is the 777 SpI a good car? i dont know much..or nothing about this cars..erlier ive been driving ICtrack and this is new, so i can if i want trade my MRX with options and a RC18T FT mamba 8000 against this car

777 sp1
    hyper 21 8p
    starter
    8 differnt tiers
    Truggy stuff
    Fuel

Is this a good deal or? whatīs the + and -about this car

BiGRoB21 Guest

the car has won many titles so it has to be a good car. the only flaw that yo hear about it is that it can be hard for a new 8th scale comer to get to hook up and it isnt the best car throught rought stuff.

Hawk Guest

The MP777 SP1 is an excellent platform. It is strong, it is very quick and transitions well. You don't need all the power in the world to win with this car because it handle the best. If the driver is up to it, you drive around everybody else on the track. Of all the cars out there in the market, this one is number 1 or 2 in everybody's comparison.
    One problem now is there are so many good cars available, it is hard to say which one is the best. They are all good and to some degree it is about the driver's preferences. Kyosho is the company that makes the winning changes year after year. No huge redesigns are thrown out there for people to wonder and have to trust the vendor. It was world champion over and over. refinement of the design using what works on the tracks. If you see it on another buggy, it was probably on a kyosho first.
    The factory setup up is a good start, and look around for the Pavidis setups for Hemet. They are golden. Kyosho Japan web site has setups for many other world class drivers, most are similar with each driver using his own little tweak.
    Good luck and Good Driving.

Thomas P Guest

Thank you very much , i think il do this transfer...i wont race, just running around and have fun on track..itīs my Half8 fault ..the best car i ever tried to jump with.

plain_simple Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    The MP777 SP1 is an excellent platform. It is strong, it is very quick and transitions well.
    The factory setup up is a good start, and look around for the Pavidis setups for Hemet. They are golden. Kyosho Japan web site has setups for many other world class drivers, most are similar with each driver using his own little tweak.
    Fully agree with Hawk... Before you hit the track with that baby you need to set it up the proper way and then go your own way with a tweak here and there.
    I also have a 777 (SP2 version) but since your a newcomer to the 1/8 scene (wild guess here) the SP1 will be more then enough for you to get the feeling of what that scale is all about and have a lot of fun.
    The first time i drove it on the SP1 version my feeling was "this is a on power car since the car seems to handle better on power then off power but with time i realised that sometimes you need to know when to brake to go faster, so just take your time and enjoy the car
    Welcome to the 1/8 scene btw

Thomas P Guest

Thx a lot for the tip, i think i did the right thing

Starter
    9 different set of tires
    Hper 21 8p Turbo(no race,but a good neebie motor?)
    Car
    Servos
    Truggy stuf(wont use, but thx anyway to the seller)
    Boddies

Price? my RC18T and MiniQuake..still owns the best 1:16-1:18 ever been drinving..the Half 8

Peace

/ThomasP

plain_simple Guest

Well.. that was a good trade i must say
    The Hyper engine will be a good way to start although it doesnt allow you to notice so well how good that chassis is but since your a newcomer its better to start with a more slow engine then having power you cant control without some experience at it.
    Dont forget to setup the car properly before hiting the track, thats a major step to start the right way
    Last edited by plain_simple; 11-02-2005 at 11:34 AM.

EphiDelt490 Guest

Definitely a good trade! 8th scale has been the reason I've almost completely got out of electric RC. I keep my 18T and my H8 to turn heads at the track . I prefer the Xray XB8 to the SP1, but like Hawk said, it's all driver preference with the high dollar buggies. They are almost all identical except for a few minor things here and there. If you are looking for a good "race" motor that will get you into entry level racing, look at the RB Concepts motors. There are a few under $200. Very good bang for the buck.

-Adam
    Attached Images  

plain_simple Guest

Yep.. he hit the jackpot indeed on that trade.
    Your XB8 looks great Adam.. did you solved that problem? Nice choice of colours as usual

EphiDelt490 Guest

Thanks ...

Problem was solved as soon as I got in the pit after it happened.
    I've got a new body now, that's the kit body and I just threw some paint on it to get it on the track.

-Adam

+ Reply to Thread