+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RandelStevens' Carbon Fiber Chassis

holy_inferno Guest

Default RandelStevens' Carbon Fiber Chassis

...NOTHING was the word that won me Randel's awesome Carbon Fiber chassis.
    -The Carbon Fiber Chassis is as stiff as it can get, there is zero flex in the whole piece, virtually eliminating the need for a rear chassis brace stiffener or torque rod (but I still put them in for added strength).
    - It is noticeably lighter than the stock composite plastic chassis, my Mamba 6800 had even less problems hauling my Mini Inferno around my garage.
    -I had my Mini Inferno do jumps off stacks of books and cardboard, flight was very even, and I didn't need to adjust throttle or brake during any of the launches. (My battery pack did always move out of position after every jump though, I didn't want to stick Velcro on the awesome chassis...yet)
    -Even though I'm nothing of an expert in Radio Control, I could feel the Mini Inferno do somewhat tighter and more responsive turns to a degree, in my small garage.
    -Every detail of the CF chassis was perfect...the cutting and drilling were very clean, all the holes were in the exact right place, they were countersunked, except the holes for the motor mount, but that is also a good thing, to reduce the underside of the chassis from being scratched too much.

Overall, Randel Stevens created an excellent piece of work, and you should try it out, should you ever in need of great looks and increased performance. <-
    Last edited by holy_inferno; 10-26-2005 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Added Pictures!

...BIG benefits of flying straighter and the tighter turning circle...Looks great Holy...BTW...Dood you need some new tires Keep us posted on how it stands up over the long haul...

pimpsmurf Guest

wow. That is nice. Where did you get that?

-JNY

houseplant Guest

man i havent been here for awhile damn school he won it in a contest

mat3833 Guest

any updates?

Matt

holy_inferno Guest

...Sorry for not having any updates, driving the Mini Inferno around is quite limited nowadays, since Seattle's rainy season has started and the streets are all wet , and plus I've got school and all those time consuming thingies....
    ...I might try to make some sort of track inside my house.

+ Reply to Thread