+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mini Inferno Must-Have Parts list

mnwrr Guest

Lightbulb Mini Inferno Must-Have Parts list

These are "basic" parts you will need to run your Mini Inferno. The model does come out of the box RTR (you just need batteries), but with these parts you will enjoy the model more. These are not parts intended for racing or major hop-ups, just basic stuff that will benefit ALL Mini Inferno owners.

01) Battery (car):

Kyosho Mini Inferno 9.6V 8-Cell 1100 mAH NiMH Battery Pack (#71952)
    United RC Xtreme 42s 9.6v 8-Cell 1100mah NiMH Battery Pack (#URC-X42S)

02) Battery (radio): normal rechargable Ni-MH (2100 mAh)

03)
    Charger:

DuraTrax Piranha AC/DC Digital Peak Charger NiCd/NiMH (#DTXP4005)

04)
    Shocks:

3Racing Mini Inferno Front and Rear Oil Shock Set - 4PCS (#MIF-001/BU or #MIF-001/TI)
    Kyosho Mini Inferno Front Oil Shock Set - Pair (#IHW14)

05) Ball Bearings:

mnwrr Guest

I tried to make this list on the other thread but I couldn't edit it anymore, so I decided to start a fresh one. I think this will help newbies like me to establish their priorities when buying parts for the Mini Inferno. I'll try to make the list in order of importance (what to get 1st), so any tips would be greatly appreciated. If you have a suggestion for the list, please post it below (if possible with brand and # number) and I'll add it to the list. If you have any other brands for parts already on the list please feel free to speak up.

PS: I think I can only edit the post for a certain time after I wrote it. Could a Moderator be kind enough to do that for me? I think this list would help A LOT all the newbies that come to the forum.

pimpsmurf Guest

how about the rocket 400? I don't know the correct part number for the H8

-JNY

...Will do LUW Thanks for you efforts...Its appreciated...

mnwrr Guest

My pleasure, BH!
    Afterall, I have a LOT to learn, and the list will come in handy.

I was doing some research, and I found these ball bearings: 3 Racing Upgarde Ball Bearing Set 8 Pcs (#MIF-011). Would these be the ones that holi_inferno referred to? What are the advantages of using them?

...bearings are VERY MUCH one of those 'you get what you pay' items...Its hard to make a GREAT bearing 'inexpensively'...

...As with anything i believe there is different 'grades' of parts...Budget parts; lower quality than stock, stock parts, 'advanced' parts and 'luxury' parts...And we the user must choose and match the parts we want / need to our budgets and levels of driving...

...The KYOSHO bearings are great...quick and easy, plug and play...They will love you forever and never give you 'issues'...

...I am lucky enough to be using a 'luxury' part...I run a full set of BOCA Ceramic Lightening bearings...

...for bearings i 'personally' would list the following...

...BUDGET: 3R, ATOMIC, TOPCAD, BOCA Chrome series etc...
    ...STOCK: KYOSHO, SQUAT, BOCA Ultra Seal...
    ...ADVANCED: BOCA Ceramics...
    ...LUXURY: BOCA Ceramics...

holy_inferno Guest

Nice Idea Luciano.
    Put reasons why the item is necessary as well
    -Ball bearings always reduce friction, unless there is a lot of foreign object in them
    -Battery Packs increase speed, the higher voltage, the faster it goes, but check the limits of your ESC and motor
    -Oil Shocks are necessary for smooth handling, better landings, and to help keep your wheels on the ground when using a High Performance Motor
    -A good charger charges your battery packs properly.
    -BitHed has a point on item ranking and cost, but isn't "luxury" items, items that are there just for looks?

Try to add other upgrades as well (less necessary and unnecessary)

...ok maybe i could have chosen a better word...what I meant was...like...REALLY high quality parts with mayching price tags; parts that dont NEED to be that expensive...Kinda like a seat warmer in a car seat Whereas cup holders are VERY important items but as equally important

mnwrr Guest

Maybe we could describe them this way:

BUDGET: good part (better then stock, of course) but not expensive
    TOP LINE: VERY good part, more expensive, intended for the serious user
    PREMIUM: THE BEST, but very expensive, intended for professional use

What do you guys think? So for instance ball bearings are a must have, and I'll buy a set according to what I want out of the spart and what I can spend on it.

BTW, I can't edit my post anymore , so we need a mod to keep it up-to-date.

mnwrr Guest

I think I found one more must-have part (got this one form the thread "Ronny's Corner"):

Flat Head Washers: Blue 3 mm washer, from the big Inferno (#W0146, 10 pieces in a pack, from Kyosho) - you will need FOUR. The washer goes where the standard plastic bushing/washer is in the hole of the 20 & 22 degree uprights are. Press them hard into place, as they are a perfect fit. Then just screw the assambly together with the stock screws. Do check that the steering-knuckles can swing without resistant at all, but tighten the screws so that it just a hint from going tight. These metal washers should stops imprecise handling due to lateral wobble.

So, does it go to the list?

...BITHED's EDIT: Yup it goes in the list Edited it for you...Peace...

+ Reply to Thread