+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend racing

Hawk Guest

Default Weekend racing

We had a Monster Truck meet this weekend at Delta RC. Overall, it was great. We had a good time so thanks Kraig and all at Delta for the great facilities and organization.

The unlimited monster truck A main ended abruptly with one of the truggy's strike one of the turn marshals. The track has a straight that climbs about four feet to a table that requires a 90 degree turn for about 10ft. to a dropoff. One of the turn marshals was standing on the other side of a barrier at the end of the straight/table top. The truggy went over the barrier off the track into the head of the turn marshal. He was o.k. after a while, no blood but it was a few minutes before he could get up and stand.

Of course the race was stopped and everyone crowed around one of our own that was hurt. It was pretty intense until we were able to see him standing again and talking. Racing is great fun and part of what we do is turn marshal to help fellow racers. I don't think he was not paying attention, probably watching one of the other corners at the time. The driver was not negligent and the car was in good condition, it was in contention for first at the time. I was marshalling and standing about 15ft away when it happened.
    This is a competitive sport and trying to go harder faster is inherently dangerous. Just because they are toy cars doesn't mean they harmless. Just be careful near the track any time a car is runing on it. I love RC racing and the people that do it are for the most part pretty great. Take care out there everybody.

plain_simple Guest

Yeah... you know what they say... s**** happends!
    I saw an episode ust like that with a 1/5 touring car and the person that got hit ended up with a broken knee which wasnt funny at all....

+ Reply to Thread