+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Tekin Rage Brushless......

k_bojar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrVonHoSS
    Dont even tell me I'm gonna have to dump my AON4900/Mamba combo for a Tekin! Any thoughts on how it compares?
    I wouldn't dump the AON motor...but the Mambo controller - say "bye-bye"

the rage's esc is beyond easy to calibrate and make changes to the settings....it took me less that 2 minutes to calibrate my speedo to my radio - and that was WITH reading the instructions...

Tekin did their homework - and the "clogging" is just about non-existent...i sat there and revved and stopped, revved and stopped - and experienced ZERO clogging...I tried this with the castle controller and had issues upon issues...I can full throttle the motor - hit the brake - then go in reverese (after the delay) - this was something that I couldn't get the mambo controller to conisistently do

like I said on one18th.com, the programming on this speedo is soo easy, it should be a crime....This weekend will be the real test

mat3833 Guest

wow, maby i should sell my mamba 25 and get the tekin one... nah that would cost money and i lke my mamba, its green!

Matt

k_bojar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mat3833
    wow, maby i should sell my mamba 25 and get the tekin one... nah that would cost money and i lke my mamba, its green!

Matt
    the rage is a SWEET black color with lots of pretty red LEDs

mat3833 Guest

lol, we all like colorful things! but i think i will keep my mamba for a long time.

Matt

BLACKSHEEP RACING Guest

k bojar - any updates on the Tekin system? I'm planning on going the brushless route soon. I trying to figure out if I should go with the complete Tekin ESC/motor set-up, or the Tekin ESC with the Aon, or ???

k_bojar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSHEEP RACING
    k bojar - any updates on the Tekin system? I'm planning on going the brushless route soon. I trying to figure out if I should go with the complete Tekin ESC/motor set-up, or the Tekin ESC with the Aon, or ???
    its a sweet, sweet little esc....All sponsorships aside, I'd buy one in a heart beat...we had 3 in the "A" for Sunday's Open Half8 class (chris proctor, myself and Pottbelly - using a rent-a-esc)...all three performed flawlessly...Oodles upon oodles of power - no clogging, no reprogramming required (at least for me the entire weekend - not sure about Chris)...Worked great with the AON motor (ran one for friday practice and 2 of my 3 qualifers on saturday)

I can't even begin to think of how to sing the praises of the Rage...When I get a chance at work today, I'll try to write up a little review so-to-speak...

But if anyone has ANY questions, please email me (kaybo19114@gmail.com) and I will tell you whatever you want to know...I am on a PC (normally) from 8:30am until around 5:45pm EST...so if you email me, I will get back to you in a respectable amount of time...

I am still floored at the performance of the esc - the ease of setting it up

Last edited by k_bojar; 10-31-2005 at 01:52 PM.

fanke19 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by k_bojar
    ...All sponsorships aside, I'd buy one in a heart beat...
    Ok, where am I buying this from? About an hour ago, I was ready to place an order for the AON / Castle combo...then my buddy Blacksheep told me to look up this new Tekin setup. Phew...that was close. I'm ready with money now, please let me know asap.
    Last edited by fanke19; 11-01-2005 at 04:21 PM.

k_bojar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fanke19
    Ok, where am I buying this from? About an hour ago, I was ready to place an order for the AON / Castle combo...then my buddy Blacksheep told me to look up this new Tekin setup. Phew...that was close. I'm ready with money now, please let me know asap.
    from what I've seen, most of your retailers should have them...I know tower, stormer hobbies do and I'm sure they are all over...

Please note, if you want a 4900 AON motor and a rage, you need to buy them separately...Currently the Rages are only available with a 280-sized motor (5.4kv, 6.8kv, and 8.0kv)...

mat3833 Guest

hey how much are they?? is it worth selling my mamba 25? i am having major glitching problems with my mamba, have you heard of any glitching stories yet?

Matt

k_bojar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mat3833
    hey how much are they?? is it worth selling my mamba 25? i am having major glitching problems with my mamba, have you heard of any glitching stories yet?

Matt
    not from the few people I know using them...I know I didn't have any issues in the realm, but then again, I use DSM in my cars...One of my buddies that was using a borrowed rage, didn't have any glitching issues either...it probably has something to do with the rage having a case, I dunno (no electronics degree )

Mini Rage ESC (old pic) - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYN7&P=7

Mini Rage 5400 Combo - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYN8&P=7

Mini Rage 6800 Combo - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYN9&P=7

Mini Rage 8000 Combo - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYP0&P=7

+ Reply to Thread