+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Tekin Rage Brushless......

fasteddie Guest

Default Team Tekin Rage Brushless......Any good?

Hi -it's time for me to go brushless with my Half8 and since the new rage is now out, I was wondering has anyone tried it!? if so which version should I go for?

I'm looking to run my brushless on 8 cells, I am particually interested in the rage as it's a direct fit, and you can keep the funny little fake heatsink

Answers on a postcard please...... (or on here if it's easier!)
    Last edited by fasteddie; 10-19-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling!

thedoc329 Guest

i personally saw one run today on an indoor offroad track, it was the tekin 8000 with an 8 cell cheapo pack, the thing was faaaast! but not overdone, it just did what u wanted it to, point and shoot! and it was the first run on this system, no adj. were even made on the esc yet

...FastEddie mate you grab one and do a review for us!!

k_bojar Guest

I'll give you guys a nice review after the ECC...I got mine the other day...

Man, set-up is beyond easy...Calibration is simple...No clogging - even just pulling the trigger back and forth...

it is a SWEET UNIT...I'm glad to took tekin a while to get it out...they took care of all the issues

DrVonHoSS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by k_bojar
    I'll give you guys a nice review after the ECC...I got mine the other day...

Man, set-up is beyond easy...Calibration is simple...No clogging - even just pulling the trigger back and forth...

it is a SWEET UNIT...I'm glad to took tekin a while to get it out...they took care of all the issues

Dont even tell me I'm gonna have to dump my AON4900/Mamba combo for a Tekin! Any thoughts on how it compares?

...is this unit the ESC and the motor or just the ESC

BiGRoB21 Guest

dont dump the AON motor. as the motors that come with the mini rage are the same as the mamba motors and are going to over heat. just get the esc if you are going to change

...Do they do JUST the ESC? Do we have a price for it?

fasteddie Guest

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't know the rage motor was the same as the mamba. A bit worried about it getting hot now.....

I could do a review (if I decide to go for it) but wouldn't have anything to compare it too - what's it like compare to the AON?

Bithead, I think Tower just list the ESC..... can't remember how much though......

Keep the comments comming....

msnow2475 Guest

BUY IT! Mine came in Friday and was on the track Saturday. I am running it in the Inferno with 6 cells and went with the 6.8 motor. Perfect! The only upgrade to the drive train was a fiber washer I put between the metal washer and the smaller slipper gear. I found the washers at work and they look and feel like they are made of the same stuff as the larger 1/10 slipper pads. It has the perfect amount of slippage. I let a few of the guys run it who have been running the mambas. They were all impressed, there was no cogging and set-up is very easy. I plan on making an 8 cell and I'll let you know how that works. They do offer everything individually. Check Tower for the prices.

Matt

+ Reply to Thread