+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brushless 1/8th buggy

mgs781 Guest

Default Brushless 1/8th buggy

Hi,

I love my half8, but I long for something a little bigger. I was thinking about a brushless 1/8th Inferno. Has anyone tried this? I woul dlove to see pictures of a conversion of any 1/8 buggy.

Thanks,

mat3833 Guest

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...&page=11&pp=15 here ya go, its on a brushless OFNA 9.5 enjoy. it has some pics in the later pages.

Matt

mat3833 Guest

EphiDelt490 Guest

What are you going to do when you end up in a 30 minute main? Battieries aren't going to last that long unless you have some serious LiPo's.

Hawk Guest

http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838&page=2

Depends on what your target is, bashing, fun project, racing.... Bashing, it has been done and I guess it isn't too bad. Racing, can't compete with the nitro cars yet unless you can do battery quick changes. If there was commercial interest, it would have been done already. Oh, you say it has and nobody bought one? I guess that question has been answered too.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-17-2005 at 01:03 AM.

mgs781 Guest

I think I am going to get a Ofna Hyper 7 TQ Sport kit and Novak BL for the E-Maxx. This will provide a good starting point.

I don't race, I love the Half8 look and performance. I just want something a little bigger without the hastle of nitro. My Savage and Giga Crusher are enough nitro for me.

What do you guys think?

Hawk Guest

Inferno454 Guest

Don't go with the Novak. Go with a serious setup like a Lehner, Hacker, or Schulze (SP?) I recommend using Dabib_Van's set up from ultimate RC .com

mgs781 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno454
    Don't go with the Novak. Go with a serious setup like a Lehner, Hacker, or Schulze (SP?) I recommend using Dabib_Van's set up from ultimate RC .com
    Seems like Novak has a bad rap. For $250 I can get motor and controller. Any of the other options have me speding $450+. The buggy is going to be plenty fast with the Novak system. I know there are faster systems, but I don't think they will be controlable and they are expensive.

BLACKHAWK444 Guest

The GTB 5.5 is the best for racing 6 cells! Awesome system. Highly recommended!

+ Reply to Thread