+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No Half-8 yet ?

marcus Guest

Default No Half-8 yet ?

Hi Guys.
    I was sniffing round the net looking for option parts for the Half-8 and I tripped over this site. Looks good, I may stick around for a bit if that's cool

I was kinda surprised to read that nobody has one yet ? What's all this April 1st stuff ? I've had mine over a week now, and my LHS has 5 sitting on the shelf waiting to go.

I've fitted ballraces to it (Why didn't they factory fit them ?) and also Oil filled shocks. I was very disturbed to see they use dry shocks in stock form, very poor.

My 8000 Mamba is on the way over from Bishops in the States. I have good experience of them having had one in my Mini-T and presently in my RC18T.

I'm looking forward to some hopups for it already !

dog Guest

well how does it run?
    does it match the hype?
    any review?

...So where are you? How much did you pay for it? How does it run? spill the beans...

mpetrich Guest

HEY!!!
    We need a quick review! How does it run?!
    How are the oil filled shocks?!
    Thanks for the help.
    Matt

TNB Guest

Like where are the "In your dirt" photos?

...Marcus KYOSHO are the option kings They will make us pay for EVERY little part...lol...

...Hows the drive with and without bearings?

...stock shox and oil...good ? better ? best?

...The halfeight was never released as a SUPER platform...it is aimed at beginners and families and racers children but still have enough options for us hardcore users to MOD...

adrenalinrush123998 Guest

i hate you......

how is it?
    can it be packed back into the box it comes in after opening so i can use the box as a carrying case (i learned to start using the boxes for that when i got my first helicopter....)

where did you get batts for it? are you running AA's? are they rechargeable?
    hows the performance? how much did you pay for it? what other upgrades did you see? can you sticky-tac your uncle to an oil tanker?

BTW: if my LHS...or tower...or here doesnt get them in soon enough and the prices arent right....id be willing to buy one off you iof you picked it up at your LHS.....depending on the rpcie...
    Last edited by adrenalinrush123998; 04-01-2005 at 01:20 AM.

RURC Guest

Marcus is a Bugger

Sing it happily to yourself or out loud and it really dose make you feel better

WhoMe Guest

No H8 yet. Waiting on Bit to make the big announcement.

marcus Guest

OK Ok, LOL, I'll spill the beans.

Firstly, I'm in Holland. My LHS is a main dealer for Kyosho. I ordered two Half 8's as soon as I heard about them some months ago. They didn't know what they were but made the order anyway LOL
    I got a call about 10 days ago telling me they had arrived, they were as excited as me !

Retail in Europe is 205 Euros RTR. I have a good relationship with my LHS and I paid 190 Euros each for them, a White and a Yellow.

First impressions:

Packaging is awesome, puts me in mind of Apple Computer packaging. It's designed to be attractive and functional. How can I say ? It's a box I'll keep instead of throwing away, if that makes sense !

When the lid came off the box, in the shop (They were desperate to see it) there were coo's and arrh's from the crowd which had gathered, it is such a little Honey. It really is a scaled down 777 in almost every way. Rob, my friend has a new MP777 and he went out and bought a Half-8 as soon as he saw mine, just to display next to his full size version!

In the shop I realised that the hubs didn't have any ball races, so I bought some there and then. The plastic bushes they use are really awful ! The other thing which upset me was that the shocks are not oil filled units. The thing just looked stupid when you depressed the suspension, the rebound put me in mind of a mini-t on stock shocks, boing boing boing boing boing

Luckily I had some suitable oil filled shocks at home which fit, the Half-8 shocks are a lot chunkier in size than the Mini-T or RC18T and I had a set of 1/10th scale shocks which fit like a glove. Can't recall what they came from though, I've had them for ages !

I ran it with 6xAA's installed, ie, stock. I used 2300mah Sanyos. They lasted for quite a while, but frankly the performance was very dull. A kyosho option part is an 8-cell saddle pack, they include a pair of battery stays to fit in the event that 8 cells are used. I made up my own 8-cell 1100mah pack and the car immediately rewarded me with a much punchier performance

I had to tighten the slipper clutch as it was waaaaay too loose, something to look out for. Rob's slipper clutch was fine, so maybe mine was a fluke.

In summary, this is an awesome model, you guys will be very happy with it.

Parts you MUST buy when you are collecting it from the LHS are:

8 x Hub Ball races (Gearbox's are ball raced)
    4 x Oil filled shocks
    8 x 1100mah NiMh cells

If I can help any or anyone has more q's, just fire away, I'll help if I can.

Marcus

Last edited by marcus; 04-01-2005 at 08:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread