PDA

View Full Version : 3racing Titanium Steering Posts

BitHed
10-10-2005, 04:04 AM
...the weekend was schedules to be wet so i grabbed one of these at the LHS on the way home...There was no REAL problem with my stock units, though it was my SECOND set after breaking the RTR set...

...The part is officially MIF-045:64 Titanium Steering Saver Post For Mini Inferno...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/MIF045.jpg

...It contains TWO of the THREE parts that make up the steering posts...You WILL need your STOCK inner tube that goes OVER the skinny post...Or you can get a third-party unit to replace it...

...i clocked the stock steel units at 7 grams and these ones at 4 grams...One point to 3R...

...i had the front end off anyway to fiddle with and this was an easy plug and play replacement...

...I put the two posts in a baggy and sprayed them with my favourite teflon lube...It doesnt need to be done but its kinda cool...

...Unscrewed the old ones and slipped the titty units on...They are anchored with 10mm titanium counter-sunk screws and tied down with a dollop of TAMIYA ThreadLock...The screws threading INTO the 3RACING parts seemed to mesh MUCH better than with the stock units...They just seemed to go on easier...Like a hot knife through butter...One point to 3R...

...The posts felt stronger and looked better...Applied a quick coat of TAMIYA Titanium Grease and slipped on the steering saver itself...A quick and easy fix...

...PERFORMANCE: To tell you the truth i cant 'feel' one bit of improvement...But i now know that i have a little less weight in that department and a little more strength...If you have a couple of extra bucks in your wallet or your paypal this is a worthwhile addition to your car's internals; even though it is a pretty much no-frills item...

Ronny
10-10-2005, 04:08 AM
I use them also, there great :) Nice report btw bit ;)

BitHed
10-10-2005, 04:13 AM
...well i did my best...Theres not ALOT you can write about them...They are pretty straight-forward...