PDA

View Full Version : Do brush less motor get hot?

46u
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Do brush less motor get hot? Compression to brush motor which get hotter or are the about the same?

holy_inferno
10-09-2005, 07:12 AM
All motors get hot, bruhed and brushless, I think brushed get hotter than brushless, (didn't Bithed get his XSpeed to over 130C?)
Remember not to get a brushless motor to over 200F, or the motor will start receiving heat damage.
;)

46u
10-09-2005, 01:55 PM
My X-speed gets up to 200 with an alloy motor mount and heat sink but once again it has depends where you check it. If you check the heat sink it has been as hot as my nitro engines the vent holes bet around 190 to 200 and the case is always the coolest. I put some vent holes in the windshield and it seems to run a little cooler. Now this is running mostly on grass. I guess we well just have to wait and see how it holds up. My TX unit gets about 145 this is all fairenhite. I would think burshless would be a little cooler since you do not have brushes arcing.

BitHed
10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
...i got my xspeed VERY hot...it was smoking as the oil inside it was burning and the paper sticker outside just got up and walked out of the building...my shaft no wiggles in and out with the greatest of ease so it feels like something inside melted or whatever...The gear cover also warped and discoloured...It woulda been kinda cool if i had melted it...

...At its hottest it would have easily given your hand, particularly fingertips, a VERY serious burn..it was not fun...

...The AON will get spicy with 10 cells but still touchable...A MAMBA that does play well with others will also get very hot but i dont have numbers...

...Hotter or not as hot im not sure..its all relative i think...grass, cell count, asphalt, overall setup etc...

WeatherB
10-10-2005, 02:47 AM
It's weird that the X-Speed gets hotter than the Graupner 400 4.8...