PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up Futaba MC230CR

WeatherB
10-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey guys,
I received my Futaba MC230CR speed control today and need some help setting it up.

By biggest problem is with the reverse. I followed the manual and set everything up and noticed that after going forward and returning to neutral the car keeps going forward slowly. Reverse works fine.

So I though, just give it some brake trim and that'll fix the problem, did that then the car won't go into reverse.

Here is what I did:

1. Center all the trims on the transmitter (throttle reversing is set to normal)
2. Turn on the ESC power
3. Push the setup button
4. neutral stick then push button
5. high stick then push button
6. brake stick then push button

Thanks

akura2
10-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey guys,
I received my Futaba MC230CR speed control today and need some help setting it up.

By biggest problem is with the reverse. I followed the manual and set everything up and noticed that after going forward and returning to neutral the car keeps going forward slowly. Reverse works fine.

So I though, just give it some brake trim and that'll fix the problem, did that then the car won't go into reverse.

Here is what I did:

1. Center all the trims on the transmitter (throttle reversing is set to normal)
2. Turn on the ESC power
3. Push the setup button
4. neutral stick then push button
5. high stick then push button
6. brake stick then push button

Thanks

you have to
1. Turn on the transmitter, then turn on ESC
2. push and HOLD the setup button until it blinks (single blinks)
3. full throttle then push button (double blinks)
4. full braking then push button (light should go out... esc is set)

your step number 4 wasn't needed and that's what was throwing off your settings

WeatherB
10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Awesome. I'll give it a try in a bit. I put silicon all over the ESC to winterize it. :)

WeatherB
10-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Hey,
Tried out your method of setting it up and still the same problem, it wants to go forward after giving forward throttle then returning to neutral. I have to give it a bit of brakes before it will come to a full stop.

WeatherB
10-06-2005, 12:00 AM
I got the forward operation all figured out but the reverse is messed up.

It doesn't engage all the time. For example, I come to a dead stop (light on esc is off indicating neutral). I think press reverse, the light on the esc comes on but the car doesn't move. I have to do some freakish forward reverse operation to get it to go backyards and when it does the car keeps going even when I return to neutral.

I'll try giving Futaba tech support a call regarding this tomorrow. Worse come to worse, just drive it with forward only. I'm getting agrevated

erwin.zeez
04-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Compare Futaba's new MC230CR and MC330CR to a mechanical control, and you'll quickly realize: there is no comparison.

Instead of the notchy, all-or-none response of a mechanical control, there's a smooth transition from one speed to the next, in forward and reverse. Setup requires pressing a single button, rather than repeated attempts to get things just right. In place of the combined weight of a mechanical control and the servo that controls it, there's the lighter weight (and greater versatility) of SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Components. And instead of having to invest in separate controls for sport driving and racing, there's a single control that does both.

* Robotically assembled of SMT components for lighter, more compact designs and more resistance to vibration and impact damage.

* High-frequency (1500Hz) switching provides smoother, faster response throughout the speed range, and helps extend run time.

* Switching rate, heat sinks and new FETs (MC230CR only) combine to keep temperatures down and efficiency high.

* Auto shut-down feature offers protection against short circuits, current overload or excessive temperature - fail-safe circuitry prevents unit from rebooting until problem is solved.

* Reverse lock-out feature eliminates the need for (and cost of) separate sport and ROAR-legal controls.

* Low battery feature reserves control power by automatically cutting power to the motor.

* New "forget-me-not" feature sounds an alarm and "pulses" the vehicle forward if the receiver is not turned off before the transmitter.

* Both include BEC for additional weight-space-savings and factory-installed Futaba J receiver, Bullet motor and JST Battery connectors.

john310
04-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Compare Futaba's new MC230CR and MC330CR to a mechanical control, and you'll quickly realize: there is no comparison.

Instead of the notchy, all-or-none response of a mechanical control, there's a smooth transition from one speed to the next, in forward and reverse. Setup requires pressing a single button, rather than repeated attempts to get things just right. In place of the combined weight of a mechanical control and the servo that controls it, there's the lighter weight (and greater versatility) of SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Components. And instead of having to invest in separate controls for sport driving and racing, there's a single control that does both.