PDA

View Full Version : battery caused problem?

GaryMc
10-04-2005, 03:05 AM
I just got the buggy two days ago and ran it all of about 5 minutes.Loved it but not fast enough,back to the hobbyshop i go ,x-speed motor and sp battery pack. Put it on the ground and squeeze it wow fast all of a sudden it won't straighten out.Never hit anything didn't have a chance to.Now as soon as i turn the car on it automatically turns fully to the right and then nothing.The throttle still works fine,it just won't turn.I tried the original equipment back in it but its doing the same thing.I probablly would change out the electronics eventually but it would be nice to run the stock stuff till i save up some cash for the new stuff.Instant paper weight. Does anybody have any ideas? or similar problem?

BitHed
10-04-2005, 07:52 AM
...what electronics did you put IN? What servo did you put in? Sounds like a strange problem...Few more details of what you transplanted and we might be able to help you ;)

GaryMc
10-04-2005, 11:39 AM
all stock electronics, total run time on new car...two minutes out of box.It just seems funny that it happened after i put in the x-speed motor and 8 cell battery.I've got a bunch of mini-zs that have had no trouble for years with more to come (4wd Overlands) ,so i can't say anything bad about Kyosho.I guess i'll just have to bring it back to the hobbyshop and see what they want to do.

Hawk
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
You didn't mention adjusting the steering trim on the transmitter. Did you try that? :cool:

BiGRoB21
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
i thought there was some type of voltage regulator thing you needed to put inline with the 8 cell battery if you are useing the stock stuff?
maby thats y you are having the problem

GaryMc
10-05-2005, 12:36 AM
well i brought it back to the hobbyshop today i had everything right. The owners of the shop got Kyosho on the phone.The other owner took another H8 out of the package and plugged the servo in to my receiver the same thing happened,i got a bad receiver the dude from Kyosho said give him the new one and send the old one back to them,i am on the road again thanks Action Hobbies and thanks Kyosho thats what i call service!!!!