PDA

View Full Version : E-Flite 400 motor 4200kv

pawn one
09-29-2005, 09:20 AM
has any one tried the E-Flite 400 4200kv motor will it fit the price is great and it is a lot easier to find just about anywhere than not only the mamba but the Aon as well as the esc that is made for it will it also heat up and smoke like the hacker or the mamba

also no matter what motor system I use I have never had a brushless system before can I use the stock servo or better yet to answer every one else’s questions too what do I need to upgrade from stock to brushless and what do I need to know about brushless motors,esc,lipo batteries,gearing,and if you know how to judge a good brushless motor

I and all those who don’t know a lot or anything about brushless systems will appreciate all the knowledge

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Ok I do not know about the motor but.....You need to replace the servo, RX, TX, and esc. For a servo get a Hitec HS-85MG. Best servo and its a direct drop in. The rest of the stuff is up to you.

SSS
10-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi! I have the E-flite 400 (4200kv) in the Kyosho alu-motor mount. It fits well, thats all I can say. The rest of the H8 is not rebuilt yet... Had all the needed parts for two months now, but no time for RC(fun)..

janniz
10-02-2005, 09:08 AM
I tested this motor... yes, it fits - but it has a 2mm-shaft so you will need new pinions for it (HPI or Asso will work). The thing is, these 20mm-motors are just too small for the HalfEight. They get really hot and just dont generate the torque like a bigger motor would. Get an AON 4900 and a Mamba 25 esc and you will be happy. Sometimes its worth to spend some extra money and go for "the real thing" instead of looking for a cheap solution. It will work, but its only half the fun...