PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kyosho

Regan LeBlanc
09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Took a while but i found this little hideout for other half 8 runners like myself.

I will look around and post some information when time allows. I work directly for Kyosho so you can get information from inside. I manage the entire Kyosho usa team as well as man the sales/customer service office at Kyosho America's new digs here in California. I'm sure if you have a question i have.. or can get the answer. I'm swamped at work but i will try to make some time to visit as often as we can.

Where can i find some more information on the race at potbellys? Kyosho might be sending some people to attend. :D

BLACKHAWK444
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Cool, welcome to the forums.

Hawk
09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi to ya Regan,
Welcome to the H8 forum. This is an awesome place, lots of quick minds and talent. Many unique ideas have run through this place and it has been fun.
I am glad to see Kyosho come on board here, we need some guidance from an insider. We are digging around everywhere trying to find little bits of information about our precious toys.
Welcome and enjoy. :cool:
Darryl

Yes, I forgot. I would love to get some insight to the Inferno ST configuration and maybe what racer pieces it may need. My son (the driver) and I race a MP777 in Antioch and dipped our toes with a truggy (buggy with big wheels really) and want to add that to our program. :D

Hammer
09-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Good to have you here, welcome! :D I'm sure you'll get plenty of questions, remember, you asked for it. ;)

akura2
09-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Welcome.. I'm buddies with Brian Norris...tell him Jimmy from Super Street says HI....:D

arch2b
09-29-2005, 12:53 AM
welcome to the forum :D naturally i would love it if you could find your way over to www.mini-zracer.com as well ;) it would be incredibly aswome to get inside facts/knowledge :p

Gearhead
09-29-2005, 01:59 AM
LOL it is about time you found your way here Regan..........

BitHed
09-29-2005, 02:02 AM
...ok now i get it...sorry i missed this introduction...Welcome Regan...Good to have you here...LMK when they ship you over here for 'brain-washing' ;)

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Attack of the Kyosho employee's :p

BitHed
09-29-2005, 02:20 AM
...there goes my edge ;)

k_bojar
09-29-2005, 03:43 AM
Regan - I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier today...I would have pointed you to the right location - both on this thread and the web

you already got the email for Pottbelly for this race (EastCoastChamps@Pottbellysrc.com)...the website for the track is http://www.pottbellysrc.com

We'd love to see Kyosho America show up :D

I'll have to drag PottBelly himself over to this forum :D

Ronny
09-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Took a while but i found this little hideout for other half 8 runners like myself.

I will look around and post some information when time allows. I work directly for Kyosho so you can get information from inside. I manage the entire Kyosho usa team as well as man the sales/customer service office at Kyosho America's new digs here in California. I'm sure if you have a question i have.. or can get the answer. I'm swamped at work but i will try to make some time to visit as often as we can.

Where can i find some more information on the race at potbellys? Kyosho might be sending some people to attend. :D

I still have some french pic's that you need to pay a lot for Regan :eek: Hehe, long time bud, I knew you where gonna be hooked on the Mini :cool:
Drop in on my tread "Ronny's corner" when you get a chance ;)

Ronny

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey Regan LeBlanc, do you think you could post some pics of your H8? It would be cool to see what the Kyosho guys are running. Thanks.

Regan LeBlanc
09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I realize i may get swamped for info but i'll try to keep up, my time is much more limited than in the past.

Halk i am eagerly awaiting either parts or a sample truck for the ST truggy. I know it's RTR (not my first choice) but i'm sure it wont take racers or the team long to dial those things in and start dominating truck like the buggy does.
Arch2b i will work that into my schedule and spill all the info i have.

Ronny! I see your champion but not running Kyosho! :( hope your running a Kyosho mini. These things rule and i hate electric.... well, like it less than gas
Sorry about the pics, did you get Jeremys bubblegum picture?

I have great pictures of my personal mini 777. Someone give me an e-mail to shoot them to and get them up in the right thread.

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 08:05 PM
andrew.garrison@verizon.net

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Posted them....

BitHed
09-29-2005, 10:26 PM
...you gotta link for that BlackHawk?

Hawk
09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Hint: Look in the gallery. See button next to Forums near top of page. :cool:

BitHed
09-29-2005, 11:00 PM
...Wow some seriously fun stuff in there..Reversed servo horn? Full carbon top plate? Centered antenna? Someone needs to make these guys do more office work ;) I am still hoping KYOSHO will one day see the light and pick up my option :D

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Just what I was thinking. Also tons of nuts....

mat3833
09-29-2005, 11:06 PM
woah.. im speechless (bit is that big or what ;) :D ) the fan, the batt placement... wow. now on to the "how did you do that" part. nice ride man!!

Matt

Regan LeBlanc
09-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks,

Here is my buggy right now. I have some changes planned and I’m waiting for some of the new Kyosho parts to fully pimp out.

Carbon is all handmade from .05 carbon sheet stock. Airtronics 12th scale servo and reciever. Mambo brushless system. HT 3 cell li-po pack.

Novak mini fan (no problems with cooling at all)

Ti screws

Most factory options

BLACKHAWK444
09-30-2005, 12:56 AM
What motor is that? Also is your steering setup better than stock? Thanks.

Regan LeBlanc
09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
That motor is one i bought thats made for airplanes. Its still a castle creation. I'll check on the specs again. Drivable is what i like about it.
Somewhat less powerfull than hotter comp and comp x in the Mambo line. I'm also testing some of the AON motors.
In order to get rid of the crazy angle the stock servo placement dictates i needed to do it big brother style on the outside. I actually need to make my own slider as the geometry is not what i want in the hole i'm forced to use for clearance. I have some bump steer now that i will dial out. Not a big project but i have not gotten to it just yet (having too much fun)

The top plate is actually 3 piece (front upper,front and rear sections) no other bracing is used. Took all of about 4 hours to make the set. That carbon is so thin
(its .005 thick) i roughed it out with scissors then finished it with a dremal.
Lunsford provided me the turnbucles.
I need to get the swaybar set or make up my own form parts i have already. I'm sure it will help the buggy.

BLACKHAWK444
09-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Hmm. You should release a converison kit for the steering ;) .

mat3833
09-30-2005, 09:17 PM
what motor mount are you using? i want to have a fan too!! i havent seen a mount for the fan...

Matt

Regan LeBlanc
09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
I will post some pics of the slider after i whittle one out.

The fan has no mount it's just bolted to my upper deck. I have it on bevel washers so i can tilt it a bit when i have the AEO motors in there but thats it, fan just plugs into the recievers 3rd channel.

Motor mount is factory kyosho upgrade. Holes need to be reemed slightly if your going to use the AON motors as they bolt in with 3mm screws not the mini screws like stock or Mambo.

mat3833
09-30-2005, 11:02 PM
ok kool, where did you get the fan? and how is the 3racing motor mount?

Matt

Ronny
09-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey bud, i'm sorry - but yeah, it was the competition's, but it's nice as hell ;)
Jeremy's bubbblegum pic, nooop - what is he up to now, lol :rolleyes:
Give my regards btw!

Ronny

Regan LeBlanc
10-01-2005, 12:03 AM
No 3 racing parts on my car thats Kyosho who made the mount.

Fan is by Novak and made for Touring cars, about 16$ at your LHS

We still love you Ronny, whatever hoopty you drive!! :rolleyes:

Jeremy says hi, and i hope we can "meet" again soon

I'll make to your "corner" sometime!

BitHed
10-01-2005, 03:32 AM
...rEGAN i AM ENTHUSED ABOUT YOUR STEERING...SEEMS like a good idea...What is the 'bump steer' you mention? Does basic physics tell me that the steering linkage is better in a LINE like you have it or is there something you arent telling me? :D

EphiDelt490
10-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Awesome, glad to see you here Regan :D! I know Kortz has to have one of these things, so get some pictures of that ride as well ;). I like how clean your setup is with the Rx under the top deck like that, very trick. Also like how you did away with the whole servo top plate piece. I may have to try that steering mod as well, looks as it will completely eliminate that whacky angle on the stock setup. Glad to have you here man :).

-Adam

Ronny
10-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Regan, we'll hook up at the 1/8 Worlds in Indonesia ;) OR if you'r coming to Holland "freezing, but a lot of fun" Indoor race again:D :D :cool:

mat3833
10-01-2005, 10:45 PM
i know the motor mount is a kyosho peice, but i dont have alot of money to spend on more expensive parts. i plan to get the diffs and later on the shox but the rest i will get 3racing. i was asking how you like the 3racing motor mount or if you reccomend the kyosho one. if i must i will fork over the extra $ to get the better one. thanks

Matt

akura2
10-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey Regan... I spoke to Brian N. on Friday and he speaks highly of you.... tell him I said "HI" when you see him....

Jimmy

BitHed
10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
...is it just me or are we ALL saying something different in this thread? lol...

...I had a look at the steering mod and for it will take some more thinking...the servo holder gets in the way...and i would rather not lose it if that makes sense...

Regan LeBlanc
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Sorry i missunderstood the question. I've seen the 3 racing stuff and it is good. The Kyosho parts seem higher quality as you would expect especially the shocks and other items that need to be precise.
Does it matter, only to you really, i don't think your going to see much difference in a motor mount. :)

BLACKHAWK444
10-03-2005, 09:21 PM
I would use 3R for lots of basic parts, ie. shock towers, cvd's, steering blocks, ect.... I would use Kyosho for shocks and transmission upgrades.

mat3833
10-03-2005, 10:40 PM
thanks you guys! is there any differance in the mounts? and is there anything new on the ST diffs? i want them soooo bad!!

Matt

BitHed
10-03-2005, 11:55 PM
...nothing on the diffs yet...GearHead got us that oil list which is helpful...The ST is slated for a November release and replacement parts and hop-ups SHOULD be out round about the same time...KYOSHO 'apparently' is working on having thier carbon towers out with release but that is TBC because as we all know sometimes KYOSHO is a little late ;)

...A motor mount is basically a motor mount but at a push i would hazard to say that the KYOSHO looks an incy wincy little bit lighter with an eeny weeny little bit more ventilation...But its blue :mad: But blue stuff is no match for a yummy cup of BitHed Bleach!! :D

flipside7
10-04-2005, 06:53 AM
welcome Regan, i just wanted to ask, have you heard anything about a half eight pro or team kit??

please say yes! please say yes!(praying)

thanks.

Regan LeBlanc
10-06-2005, 08:54 PM
No word yet on a team version.

TNB
10-25-2005, 11:06 PM
I just wanted to write that it was fun BS'ing with you around the Kyosho booth and the stunt track at iHobbyExpo. It was also fun doing the 360s with the KMI.

Gearhead
10-29-2005, 04:35 AM
I just wanted to write that it was fun BS'ing with you around the Kyosho booth and the stunt track at iHobbyExpo. It was also fun doing the 360s with the KMI.

LOL you must tell us who you are....LOL

TNB
11-06-2005, 04:17 PM
LOL you must tell us who you are....LOL

The donuts were good at PNWC too. Did you enjoy the movie? Dumb question, I purchased a used NITRO F1 yesterday and although I also installed a new fuel tank and a few other things, I am not sure what brand it is and neither did the owner. Is it an old Kyosho?

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album284/F1Nitro2.jpg

PS: I had one of my KMIs at the PNWC.

TNB
11-06-2005, 04:28 PM
I'll link a couple more close up photos that I posted at RCU.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/70716/Kq35843.jpg

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/70716/Mf96221.jpg

mat3833
11-06-2005, 10:24 PM
hey regan what motor were you using? the one that was for planes. i have my fan mounted and it works great. but my receiver finaly gave out, i bought it with a magnum Jr like 3 years ago. it was used in my nitro buggy and rc 10 GT, it lasted a long time realy ecpicaly taking floods of nitro.

Matt

TNB
11-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Nevermind the questions--Ofna Colt F1 (or so it seems).