PDA

View Full Version : Newbee Advice on best Lipo BL Combo...

rdarsa
09-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Can anyone do the definative of what I need to buy (as a total newbee to electric hop ups) to get my H8 up to a Lipo Brushless system for reasonable money and most importantly a decent 10-15 min run time (the more the better)

I have no idea what goes with what - and where I can get all this stuff.

I don't know what will fit and currently have the 8 cell 9.6v cells with the x-speed motor.

I need more punch - and would love to learn - I'm sure I'm not the first 1/8th Nitro Inferno convert who hasn't got a clue.

Cheers,

Richard. :confused:

mat3833
09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
ok im not positive on this so wait for more pple but im gonna say the AON brushless http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343 (link to the AON 4900 forum ;) ), and a mamba 25 ESC. then get a receiver and HS-85mg servo. look at unitedrc.com to get a 3cell lipo or 2 cell lipo. now as i said im not positive on this, i just joined this place like a month ago so wait for bithead, blackhawk or another senior member. and dont thank me, thank the forum :D . its a pleasure to help, as i was a noob once 2. ahhhhhh those were the good ol' days.. :p

Matt

BLACKHAWK444
09-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Motor = AON 4900
ESC = Mamba 25
Servo = Hitec HS-85MG
Receiver + TX = Up to you ;)
As for the batts I would personally stick with GP's instead of LiPo. Especially if you are new to electric. An AON on 8cells will probably be MORE power than you want. Runtimes would also be good. And if that isn't enough you can still upgrade to LiPo's. Thats what I would do! Oh and definitally order from United RC!!!

mat3833
09-28-2005, 10:11 PM
yay i was right! but seriously the 8 cell is more than enough punch.

Matt

hkopium
09-29-2005, 01:28 AM
I am currently using and quite happy with:

AON4900 / Mamba25ESC / United RC 9.6V

I think they atre the best combo. I tried using a Mamba 8000kv motor but it was a joke. Mamba 8000kv is simply NOT made for H8.

If you want more punch (I suppose you are referring to power/acceleration, whatever), I think you should focus your attention on the central differential settings rather than buying expensive fast motor system. The central differential/slippery system is where most power was drained away and the main reason of the slow acceleration of H8. Tighten the hex nut or simply glue it dead tight. (Please refer to old messages for details. There are many of old messages teaching us how to modify this part).

A friendly reminder: the differential gears (Front, Rear, and Central) of H8 are quite cheesy / weak!!!... too much power may render the gears useless in no time.

TO BlackHawk: You sound like an UnitedRC salesman. hahahaha. But I must say that I am very satisfied with my UnitedRC 9.6V saddle battery pack. I tried a few brands like Intellect, GP, ... UnitedRC is the best (Both power and the look) very good quality.

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 01:55 AM
I am currently using and quite happy with:

AON4900 / Mamba25ESC / United RC 9.6V

I think they atre the best combo. I tried using a Mamba 8000kv motor but it was a joke. Mamba 8000kv is simply NOT made for H8.

If you want more punch (I suppose you are referring to power/acceleration, whatever), I think you should focus your attention on the central differential settings rather than buying expensive fast motor system. The central differential/slippery system is where most power was drained away and the main reason of the slow acceleration of H8. Tighten the hex nut or simply glue it dead tight. (Please refer to old messages for details. There are many of old messages teaching us how to modify this part).

A friendly reminder: the differential gears (Front, Rear, and Central) of H8 are quite cheesy / weak!!!... too much power may render the gears useless in no time.

TO BlackHawk: You sound like an UnitedRC salesman. hahahaha. But I must say that I am very satisfied with my UnitedRC 9.6V saddle battery pack. I tried a few brands like Intellect, GP, ... UnitedRC is the best (Both power and the look) very good quality.

I am not a salesperson for URC....(in the backround) "URC yes the plan is going quite well....what was that? My paycheck is in the mail....very good, MUHAHAHA" what would give you that kind of idea?

hkopium
09-29-2005, 05:51 AM
I was only joking. I also always tell others that UnitedRC is good. :D

rdarsa
09-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks so much guys.

A bit of experience there will really help me.

I'll post some pics when I am confident enough to show off my terrible soldering efforts!

Boy did that first burn hurt!!!!!!!!!!!

R. :)

BLACKHAWK444
09-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I was joking also.....No problem rdarsa. The only part that you should have to solder are the battery plugs for the ESC.

UNITED_RC
09-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Thank you gents!

We strive to provide TOP quality products. They are proven in the industry and we continue to push the envelope in new products for the 18th scale RC.

hkopium: I am glad you like the packs....please let us know if we can be of more assistance.

BH: Your check is in the mail....but its made from Rubber! :)

URC

rdarsa
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
A couple more questions of you don't mind

That mamba esc is a lot of money - what extra do I get with that, that I wouldn't get with a £35 item? (any suggestions)

I saw some 11.1v packs and was wondering if they would be ok with the aon4900/mamba25 combo?

Also will any type of reciever be ok with any type of esc/voltage - or do I need a specific type (have an AM radio) :rolleyes:

Just wondering if all the expense is worth it? :confused:

Hawk
09-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Just keep in mind that many brushless esc's are made for planes and helicopters. You need one that will accomodate a car setup. That means you need reverse/brakes. Maybe you don't want to run reverse because you are race only but you need brakes. I do. :cool:

46u
10-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Thank you gents!

We strive to provide TOP quality products. They are proven in the industry and we continue to push the envelope in new products for the 18th scale RC.

hkopium: I am glad you like the packs....please let us know if we can be of more assistance.

BH: Your check is in the mail....but its made from Rubber! :)

URC

To bad you only take pay pal and not direct CC payments, as there are a lot of people like I that have been screwed by them and will not use them again. Those that do use them I sure hope you know the whole truth about them!!!!! Like the law suites, fines states have lived on them as well as the federal trade commission investigations and that is just a very small part of it. All so make sure you read the user agreement word for word!!!! I just ordered 3, 8 cell packs and would have gotten from you if you had direct CC payment.

Do a search on the web and see all the sites about pay pal.

UNITED_RC
10-02-2005, 01:31 AM
To bad you only take pay pal and not direct CC payments, as there are a lot of people like I that have been screwed by them and will not use them again. Those that do use them I sure hope you know the whole truth about them!!!!! Like the law suites, fines states have lived on them as well as the federal trade commission investigations and that is just a very small part of it. All so make sure you read the user agreement word for word!!!! I just ordered 3, 8 cell packs and would have gotten from you if you had direct CC payment.

Do a search on the web and see all the sites about pay pal.

Do you keep posting the same Paypal complaint on all the forums? I think i remember reading the same exact comment about paypal in another forum a while back.

You could have sent us a Money Order. Drivers who want the best packs, usually will make arrangements to make the payment process work! :)

URC

46u
10-02-2005, 01:48 AM
Do you keep posting the same Paypal complaint on all the forums? I think i remember reading the same exact comment about paypal in another forum a while back.

You could have sent us a Money Order. Drivers who want the best packs, usually will make arrangements to make the payment process work! :)

URC

And most businesses try to acuminate their costumers! That is just called good business. All so I feel I have the right to my opinion just like you do and if you do not care about more business that’s fine. I am nowhere the only person that has issues with pay pal just do a search on the web or read the user agreement word for word. Do you have any idea what it takes for the Federal Trade Commission to do an investigation against a company? :D