PDA

View Full Version : Question about replacing stock servo.

46u
09-24-2005, 03:24 AM
When changing the servo with the stock electrics does it use a J or Z plug?

BitHed
09-24-2005, 03:31 AM
...J i THINK but i might be wrong...I THOUGHT that most DECENT servos were available with both..I know some HITEC's are...Again i mihgt be wrong...If i AM wrong you have persmission to strip me naked, coat me in honey and throw me to the hungry puppies :eek:

46u
09-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Yes you can get servos with either plug but what style plug fits in to the stock electrics? Since my half eight is not here I cannot check. Hope it will be here tomorrow but if it is not I want to order a servo tomorrow. So does the stock electrics take a J or Z?
Thanks

thedirt
09-24-2005, 03:49 AM
Are you changing all of your electronics? (servo, reciever/ esc) If you just replacing your servo but keeping the stock radio, esc/reciever, you can only use the stock servo since it is a four wire. Where an upgraded one such as the Hitec-85 is a three wire configuration. If you are changing all your electronics, then the connector will depend on what type of reciever you have to tell whether you need a J or Z connector.

Hope this helps, (if we're talking about the same thing :confused: )

BitHed
09-24-2005, 04:08 AM
...yup...replace the servo and you have to replace the whole lot :( We all have our little preferences but looking at the lineup in your signature i figure you know more than me in that department...But even though LRP STILL doesnt know I am alive i STILL recommend their new micro range...great stuff...

...So basically the plug issue is a non-issue because the you have to do the whole lot :)

46u
09-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I just got my half 8 and I see what you are talking about the servo. I assure you I know about the plug has to do with what receiver you run with all the RC vehicles I have and built. It’s just that I did not know till you told me or when I just receive my buggy. I guess I will have to take my LRP, Shredder and Hitec out of my Micro RS4 and put in my half 8.
Thanks all for the help

driftology
09-26-2005, 08:55 AM
has anyone tried to use another servo with the stock electronics? how were the mini-t people upgrading the servos with their stock electronics? any ideas. there has to be a way.

janniz
09-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Thats basically simple. Open the servo of choice and first check if the poti is 5K Ohm - most servos I know use this type of poti. Now just remove the electronics (PCB) from the new servo. Next, open the HalfEight-servo and desolder the 4-wire-cable - keep in mind which of the wires go to the motor (SHOULD be red and black - but I never opend one and so thats only a guess) and which go to the poti (should be white and orange). Now solder the red and black cable to your new servos motor, the other two to the poti. That should be about it. I never tried it myself, but a friend of mine did this to mount a HS55 in his Mini-T with stock RX/ESC and thats how I remember what he told me. ;) To verify this, I can try if it works as soon as I get home today...

46u
09-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Seem reasonable to me! There has to be a way to do it and this might be it. Does any one know what the 4th wire is for or does? From what I am gathering it goes to the centering pot but why? I am not going to try this right away, as I need to get more speed first with out going brush less. Any one have any more thoughts about this subject?
Thanks for the information.