PDA

View Full Version : April 1, 2 , 3 1/18 scale truck nationals

bermbuster
03-27-2005, 10:20 PM
I know this friday will be a nerve racking day for us awaiting the release of the H8. A good way to ease the tension would be to do or watch some racing.......The Place is RC Madness in Enfield, Ct The guys up there are great. It is an indoor carpeted off road track with jumps.....They have an outdoor dirt track (snow covered) for seasonal racing. Who knows maybe next year they will have a class for the H8.......

BitHed
03-27-2005, 11:40 PM
...I know that Graphix from one18th.com is going with a big load of swag, t-Bone Racing is going to promo their bumpers and with a load of swag and I think the boys from Country Alloy Works, CAW, are going too...It sounds like it would be a great weekend...Yes I am jealous that I cant go :( I also want to attend the PN Racing Mini Z event in Las Vegas next fall :(

...I missed the boat this time round but next year if i am in the same position as now I would love to have a PanicToys sponsored racer out there...As i strive for world domination i wonder how many people there will be speaking my name...Muwahahahaha !! LOL...Probably not that many :o

ruknd
03-28-2005, 01:02 AM
THey are also holding the mod nationals on their dirt track...I'll be there for that!

bermbuster
03-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Im hoping to pick up some swag.......both me and my son. We are racing in the novice and stock classes.....I will tell all who will listen about panic toys and halfeight.com My son and I have 3 rc18ts.....and if the H8 was available last christmas we most likely would have never bought the 18ts....
I just hope the release date happens so we all we be tearing up the dirt and bermbusting..........just as spring arrives.....maybe we can get a H8 class for the Dirt mods........ :cool:

TNB
03-28-2005, 03:11 AM
Here is a photo from today's Silver State action....

BitHed
03-28-2005, 06:57 AM
...TNB is that YOUR car in the middle going the wrong direction? Just follow the cloud of dust mate and you will reach the finish line :p

...I love swag...There used to be some great swindles from the MTB races and then the Fall bike show and now the toy and hobby shows...PanicToys motto? If its free i WANT it :D Giving away free stuff is fun too...most PanicToys orders come with free stuff...One that comes to mind is a big transformer toy in a package of tires i sent to a Mini Z client...We are suckers for freebies too LOL...BTW if anyone wanted to pick me up a LARGE t-shirt from the nationals, if it was a cool design, I would repay with all sorts of weird stuff ;) Trade you H8 bearings for it at least ;)

mpetrich
03-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I love freebies from Panic Toys!!! ;) :D

TNB
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
...TNB is that YOUR car in the middle going the wrong direction? Just follow the cloud of dust mate and you will reach the finish line :p
Not mine, but I did get my RC mixed up with someone else's RC one time. :o

ruknd
03-28-2005, 09:04 PM
.....maybe we can get a H8 class for the Dirt mods........ :cool:
is that your local track berm? Us LI Raceway people are already gearign up for it. Say we're having a trophy race next saturday (stock truck buggy and mod 4wd[all 1/10]) and sunday mod truck and buggy [all 1/10])...feel free to sign up! I knoe teh bomps and jumps crowd for PA, the Potbellies/Vineland NJ crowd, and the barnstormers crowd are all coming...

oh...www.barnstormersrc.com has some nice 1/8 buggy action

BitHed
03-29-2005, 05:43 AM
...I have SERIOUSLY got to get some big a$$ track banners out to you guys...Thinking thinking thinking...

WhoMe
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
As mentioned on one18th.com. I pitched the idea of a large indoor event at my local track and the director was very excited about it. We run a good sized indoor dirt offroad track that would suit the Mini 777 nicely. We are looking to do it sometime in the fall. We are looking to pitch it like a national type event for all small scale rc cars. 2wd truck, 4wd truck, Onroad 4wd sedan (M18 or RS4) and ofcourse the Mini 777. Here are some pictures of the track.

Icey.Apple
03-29-2005, 10:36 AM
OMG sweet tracks you've got there :eek:

I wish i had a track like that (on and off-road) were i live...

chrille
03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Sweet ofroad track!! :D And the onroad to ofcourse! ;) I MUST do an ofroad track at my backyard in this spring!

Mazda787b
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
USATorque55 will be running Ver. 2 of the Micro Mods 300 carbine. Now featureing polished can and ferrite magnets. PM or emaill me for more info. Here is the front view of his new Crowd Pleazer. Feel lucky, because all you will be seeing at the nats is the rear.

http://img235.exs.cx/img235/8086/decals3lf.jpg

With backing from me and Ripper7Racing, there's no limit to what can be accomplished!

Icey.Apple
03-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Nice powerbook too ;)

I love that body... to bad many people are only gonna see it from the rear ;) :p

TNB
03-29-2005, 03:53 PM
WhoMe,
What type of surfaces are used on the track? I know that some of the places in Cali are using RCP Tracks now for Xray M18s as well as Kyosho Mini-Zs. I'm sure the Half8 won't be far behind since Kyosho sells RCP Tracks with the Kyosho logo out of Japan--If I recall correctly, even the demo video shows a Half8 on an RCP Track. Who knows, if Kyosho actually opens an office in California and uses a different US distributor, RCP Tracks may be offered with Kyosho logos in the US (as well as Radio Shack Xmod logos and non-logo'd tracks).

BitHed
03-29-2005, 04:19 PM
...Mazda keep up the good work...Looking good mate...That black body really needs some PanicToys stickers on it too :D

...Has it occured to anybody else that the release day of the H8 is the FIRST day of the Nationals? hhmm?

TNB
03-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Actually, I've been thinking more about my drive to Rialto, California for the PN World Cup qualifier which begins April 2 (Final is in October), how I'll get to race against some of the top dogs who race other RCs in addition to Kyosho Mini-Zs (I'm wondering how many are showing up from Honk Kong as well), and how I'll get to check out the PTI MT again in its final form and then decide if I want to purchase the kit or not. All the LA area hobby shops I'll be checking out on Monday after the race and before my return. Soon thereafter, the new RCP Track at Caesar's Palace opens here in Las Vegas, Nevada--oops, I mean Exotic Cars which just happens to have a demo track with a Roman theme. Who knows, I may end up with a buggy before my return too.

Icey.Apple
03-29-2005, 06:43 PM
...Mazda keep up the good work...Looking good mate...That black body really needs some PanicToys stickers on it too :D

...Has it occured to anybody else that the release day of the H8 is the FIRST day of the Nationals? hhmm?

hmm... yeah... maybe Kyosho is going to be there to do a 'release presentation' or demonstration of the h8?

TNB
03-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't count on it as long as Hobbico/Great Planes/Tower is still the US distributor for Kyosho. However, if April 1st is the actual "formal" release date, someone may have one to show off.

halfEIGHT
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
I know this friday will be a nerve racking day for us awaiting the release of the H8. A good way to ease the tension would be to do or watch some racing.......The Place is RC Madness in Enfield, Ct The guys up there are great. It is an indoor carpeted off road track with jumps.....They have an outdoor dirt track (snow covered) for seasonal racing. Who knows maybe next year they will have a class for the H8.......

Note that YourMicro.com, a sister site of halfEIGHT.com is a sponsor - look out for our track banner and post pics of yourselves standing next to it! :D

WhoMe
03-29-2005, 09:01 PM
WhoMe,
What type of surfaces are used on the track? I know that some of the places in Cali are using RCP Tracks now for Xray M18s as well as Kyosho Mini-Zs. I'm sure the Half8 won't be far behind since Kyosho sells RCP Tracks with the Kyosho logo out of Japan--If I recall correctly, even the demo video shows a Half8 on an RCP Track. Who knows, if Kyosho actually opens an office in California and uses a different US distributor, RCP Tracks may be offered with Kyosho logos in the US (as well as Radio Shack Xmod logos and non-logo'd tracks).

Its black Ozite carpet. But thats just for onroad cars; we plan on running the H8 on the dirt track pictured in my last post. Both tracks are roughly 89 by 38 feet. I think it would cost a bundle to do an RCP track of that size. But anyway here is the link of the dirt track. http://www.halfeight.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21

TNB
03-29-2005, 09:56 PM
I noticed that photo, but have you seen this photo?

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album331/RCP_IHOBBY4.jpg

BitHed
03-29-2005, 11:25 PM
...TNB thats just TOO cool...i dont drool often but you gor me on that one mate...

TNB
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Don't quit yet, here is another photo. There are also a few more in Gallery TNB at MZR (RCP Tracks - iHobbies sub album).

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album331/RCP_IHOBBY7.jpg

BitHed
03-30-2005, 12:00 AM
...Stylin' :D Little rampage....OK...i have decided to move in with you TNB...whip out the bunk bed mate...oh and my wife and son are coming too...and yes we like cats ;) lol...

...It must be nice to have all that at your beck and call...I will make do with my little cardboard box..lol...

TNB
03-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but those photos were taken at the last iHobbies show which was held near Chicago, IL, USA. The layouts are just getting larger and larger.... How far are you from Kyosho Japan? It's my understanding that they did set up an RCP Track ontop of their office building to test the new Kyosho Mini-Z-Formula 1 boats. The video looks pretty neat too. Just another Kyosho RC I am looking forward to. :)

BitHed
03-30-2005, 12:37 AM
...yeah...like they are REALLY going to let me in the front gate even!! lol..Im working on it though...

WhoMe
03-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Excellent setup. They really know how to hook up a track at those shows. I wonder how a 1/10 sedan would handle on a huge RCP track. But anyway Im definatly looking foward to running the Mini-777 on the dirt. We used to run out Mini-t's and the rest on the carpet track before the dirt track was built. But we found we had alot more fun with them on the dirt track and amazingly enough the dirt was alot easier on parts.

TNB
03-30-2005, 03:54 AM
A few guys did demo 1/10th scale at iHobbies.

ruknd
03-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Its black Ozite carpet. But thats just for onroad cars; we plan on running the H8 on the dirt track pictured in my last post. Both tracks are roughly 89 by 38 feet. I think it would cost a bundle to do an RCP track of that size. But anyway here is the link of the dirt track. http://www.halfeight.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21
not many turns on that track...the blue groove looks well laid down too...looks like a fast track. I like RCP for my z's but when its time to get serious I need dirt!

WhoMe
03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah this winter was the first season we ran on it. Its a snaking track, very fast but we are looking to change it up for next winter. However 1/10th scale buggies were putting 20 to 21 laps on it so it was pretty fast. We got lucky and had a veteran track builder keeping her together and it did develop a nice groove. I know Ive said this before..but i cant wait to see what the Mini 777 will do out there.

ruknd
03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
i ust noticed the wood boards :eek: ...better stock up on a arms and hubs...thats why I prefer pipes...nice and forgiving

WhoMe
03-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Everyone thinks that when the first see them. However the edges are beveled and the ends with the turns are smoothed and rounded. They run modified Buggies and trucks..and personally have run my B3 and my Mini-t there all winter without breakin a thing on the B3 and just a few on the Mini-t. The mini-t has lost parts but not because of the rails, you nudge a wall and the spindle carriers break without much effort. In all I have not heard anyone complain about breakin alot of parts at the track. Quite the opossite infact; most are surprised about how easy the track is on parts. Ive heard people on the forums critisize them before when i show the pictures...so far i have found that not to be true.

Mazda787b
03-31-2005, 02:28 AM
[QUOTE=BitHed]...Mazda keep up the good work...Looking good mate...That black body really needs some PanicToys stickers on it too :D[QUOTE]

LoL, actually that is torque's body. I am working to get some vinyl graphics made up. Check your emails, I gotta talk to you about a race team I am putting together for 1/18s.

Check his review here. (http://ripper7racing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3095)

halfEIGHT
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Don't quit yet, here is another photo. There are also a few more in Gallery TNB at MZR (RCP Tracks - iHobbies sub album).

I saw it in person, it was pretty amazing! :D

bermbuster
04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
The nationals are an awesome place to be........lots of great racers....awesome trucks.....one18th.com buggy bodies look awesome.....
not a H8 in the place......We met and are still meeting a lot of great people......good luck to all those racing and to those who couldnt make it......see you next year....

TNB
04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
I saw it in person, it was pretty amazing! :D
I passed on helping set that layout up since it was so soon after Hobby Visions and since it would have been a very quick trip--too quick for my enjoyment.