PDA

View Full Version : Question for United RC

paulangelo
09-17-2005, 02:39 PM
I just received the x42s and love it :p . unfortunetly, I neglected to get a plug for the h8. So in the name of speed, I went to the local radio shack and got their snap connections :o . They do not have deans plugs. I put them on the battery and fitted them to the ESC. also made a pigtail for my charger. Everything seams to be doing good. Love the performance increase that the batteries give. My question is, can I do any harm to the batteries or ESC using these plugs? :confused: they are rated for 25 amps. Also, how can I get decals of URC for my H8?? Thanks

paulangelo
09-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Anyone have a opinion?? :confused:

Ronny
10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
I just received the x42s and love it. unfortunetly, I neglected to get a plug for the h8. So in the name of speed, I went to the local radio shack and got their snap connections. They do not have deans plugs. I put them on the battery and fitted them to the ESC. also made a pigtail for my charger. Everything seams to be doing good. Love the performance increase that the batteries give. My question is, can I do any harm to the batteries or ESC using these plugs? :confused: they are rated for 25 amps. Also, how can I get decals of URC for my H8?? Thanks

Hi Paul :)

There is a lot of factors needed to answer you my friend. First of all - do you use a Brushed motor & esc, or a brushless setup? IF you use a brushed set up, meaning std motor or another 400 size BRUSHED motor. If so, the 25 amp plugs should not be a problem as long as they don't get hot/warm.

IF you use a brusless setup, there are A LOT higher amper-draw then the brushed setup, and with a "cheep" plug, and peak amps like 50+ and such your "cheep" plug is not able to give out that amount of juice. This would mean that your URC pack probably could give you even more power, but may be restricted to do so due to the plug. I personally use Deans mini-plugs, and LOVE them for there performance and super-small size.

Hope this helps, and hope URC feels that it was ok for me to answer a question directet to them :o

BitHed
10-10-2005, 12:56 AM
...dont go MINI go ULTRA ;) Ultra is Ultra :cool: OMG that sounds so cheesy..lol...

Ronny
10-10-2005, 02:21 AM
...dont go MINI go ULTRA ;) Ultra is Ultra :cool: OMG that sounds so cheesy..lol...

If you think MINI plug is a cheese word Bit, then you gonna love it's REAL name, which is DEANS MICRO PLUG R2

Micro Plug

Deans announces the Mirco Plug connector series. Designed for many popular models including; Slow and Park Flyers and 1/18 scale Micro cars, the Micro Series replaces the 1000 Series connector line.

The latest in injection molding technology greatly increases the quality of the plastic body. An added ridge on the rear of the body allows easy connection and disconnection. Color coding provides visual identification of the input and output on the electronic speed control. Additionally, pin spacing has been standardized throughout the line. The new Micro Series maintains the high standard Deans has set in the industry, for ultra efficient, high quality connectors.

Wam bam thank you mam ;) Got you there brother :D

BitHed
10-10-2005, 02:37 AM
...No worries Ronny...I meant my comment of 'Ultra is Ultra' was cheesy...lol...

...The new ones look good...Actually we have differnet coloured clones here in Japan for a while and wouldnt ya know it...The clones have had the little ridge on the back for a while now...Sounds like some reverse engineering..lol...

...hmm...so now i have a choice of big or little? Have to look into this...

..EDIT: Ronny where did you get this link? Any pictures we can play with? And why does the Deans site suck so bad? lol...Ronny YOU will be using the micro ones and not the ultra ones?

Ronny
10-10-2005, 04:03 AM
...No worries Ronny...I meant my comment of 'Ultra is Ultra' was cheesy...lol...

...The new ones look good...Actually we have differnet coloured clones here in Japan for a while and wouldnt ya know it...The clones have had the little ridge on the back for a while now...Sounds like some reverse engineering..lol...

...hmm...so now i have a choice of big or little? Have to look into this...

..EDIT: Ronny where did you get this link? Any pictures we can play with? And why does the Deans site suck so bad? lol...Ronny YOU will be using the micro ones and not the ultra ones?

And I who thought you was dissing me ;) lol :D
Yeah I use the Micro ones, and LOVE them for there super-small scale size, and awesome performance. They ROCK!

http://www.wsdeans.com/products/plugs/micro_plug.html

BitHed
10-10-2005, 04:07 AM
..Ronny you NEED MSN messenger ;)

...and those plugs stand up to the stress of 8 or 10 cells and a brushless system? They are going to be ok for 'BitHed the Destroyer' to use safely?

Ronny
10-10-2005, 04:12 AM
..Ronny you NEED MSN messenger ;)

...and those plugs stand up to the stress of 8 or 10 cells and a brushless system? They are going to be ok for 'BitHed the Destroyer' to use safely?

I HAVE MSN, I just hate writing coz I'm so slooooooooooooooooow compared to 90% of the population :o

I have used the Micro plugs since day 1, and are currently using them with the AON motor and 8 cells. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER WITH THOSE BABY'S!

BitHed
10-10-2005, 04:14 AM
...ok i will have to check them out...Just hope they fit in my big fat fingers...lol...

paulangelo
10-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi Paul :)

Hope this helps, and hope URC feels that it was ok for me to answer a question directet to them :o

Thank you, from the looks of how long I posted and when you first did, I don't think URC had any intention to answering my question.

I run with a stock motor (have a speed 400 to install some time) and the stoc ESC. Thanks again for the reply.